Method Community

Get error message when searching for a name that includes a single quote, as in Martin's.

Last post 11-14-2014 8:13 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2014 11:41 AM

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Get error message when searching for a name that includes a single quote, as in Martin's.

I get an error message when searching for a name that includes a single quote, as in Martin's.

I first discovered it when I had a drop-down linked to my entity table and tried searching for a client that I have an appointment with at 1 PM.

I was able to reproduce the same error when searching a contact on a native method screen

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 11-05-2014 4:18 PM In reply to

Re: Get error message when searching for a name that includes a single quote, as in Martin's.

Hello Mahlon,

Thanks for reporting it. I also tested it on my account and it gave me the same error. I will create a ticket for the development team to get it fixed. I will update the post once it is resolved.

-Inder

• 11-14-2014 8:13 AM In reply to

Re: Get error message when searching for a name that includes a single quote, as in Martin's.

Answer

Hello Mahlon, 

The issue is fixed now. I have tested it on my account and it is working fine. Search now works with single quote in the search field. Please test it and let me know if there is any issue.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)