Method Community

Can't use API Create AccountV3 (not get Developer and Developer GUID)

Last post 04-02-2015 12:24 PM by Method_Jonathan. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2015 4:16 AM In reply to

Re: Can't use API Create AccountV3 (not get Developer and Developer GUID)

Hi Chris
    I have just use
    API (methord MethodAPIUpdateV2) to convert Lead to Customer

but it's response "does not support edit."

[MethodAPIUpdateV2Result] => <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "The field IsLeadStatusOnly does not support edit." ></MethodAPI>

Please help,

Thanks

• 04-01-2015 11:34 PM In reply to

• EricW
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-19-2014
    • Posts 8

Hi Chris,

They're having trouble with this still. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 04-02-2015 12:24 PM In reply to

Hi EricW

Let me pick up on where Chris left off.  To clarify a few items - 

The CreateMethodAccountV3 is utilized by our Partners to create new Method Company Accounts.  Based on the previous posts, it does not sound like this is the method you want to be using.  Rather, you should be utilizing the MethodAPIInsertV2 to insert a new customer record into your Customer table.  

In order to update a Lead to a Customer, you can utilize the MethodAPIUpdateV2 call - See this prior forum post for a code snippet on converting a lead to a customer.

In regards to your error when converting a Lead to a Customer - I have a few questions / troubleshooting tasks

1) Does the error happen for all Leads, or do you only receive this error for a particular lead?

2) I'd like you to regenerate the Customer Table within your Method account.  To do so, log into Method and go to the Customize Tab -> Tables screen.  Open the Customer Table and click on the 'Finish Editing Fields' button on the bottom right.  Then try the API call again to see if things are successful.

3) Is the customer name unique?  QuickBooks will throw up an error in the case when you have duplicate customer/vendors/employee/etc names.  

Cheers

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2