Method Community

Template

Last post 12-25-2014 7:28 PM by fran. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-23-2014 7:49 PM

Template

I have an invoice template with 4 lines in the address box, "billed to address 3" is set to shrink since not all my customers have this.

I print my invoices in preprinted paper, when the line 3 grows, it moves the other fields in the template and they don't lined up with the invoice.

How can I fix this?

• 12-24-2014 10:37 AM In reply to

Re: Template

Hi Marcelo,

It is difficult to judge what's causing your fields to move and what can be done to fix it without more details. What do you mean by "set to shrink"? Do you mean that it is hidden if there is no data in the field? If not, try hiding it when the field is blank using the formatting rule.

Does it only happen with "billed to address 3"? If you overgrow other fields, does the same thing happen? Can you take a screenshot of when the fields are messed up and another one with the proper formatting (you can upload them to any image sharing website and share the link - like imgur.com)? 

Thanks,

Marwan

Marwan Dajani
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 12-24-2014 1:33 PM In reply to

Don't know how to upload an image

My address section has 4 lines, billaddress1,2.3 and a combined field with city, state and zip.

Most of mys clients will only show lines 1,2 and 4, line 3 will be empty

For those customers that show all 4 lines the template grows and the fileds that come after the address (not line 4) moved and they dont show in the right place.

Is there a way to make those field not to move, no matter how many lines will be in the address?

• 12-25-2014 7:28 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Answer

Marcelo,

On the Method Invoice template, they use a script that handles the billing and shipping addresses.  If you open one of these, like "Simple Invoice" in the Report Designer, you will see in  the Billing Address propery box. You could copy to your Invoice template.  Additionally, I generallly use City, State, Postal code as separate fields so I have more control over my report layout. 

Hope that helps.  Happy Holiday... Fran

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)