Method Community

Summary

Last post 01-06-2015 11:53 AM by fran. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2015 10:58 AM

Summary

How do I add a summary of a calculated field to a report?

I know I have to use script, just don't know how

Thanks

• 01-05-2015 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: Summary

Answer

Hi Marcelo,

There are better, easier ways than script. Is the calculated field dynamic and unique for each record or is it a total calculation for all records? If it is unique for every record then the best and easiest solution is to store that value into a field in table and have it displayed in the report designer later; if it is the latter option then you can still let report designer calculate it for you under the Label Tasks and Summary.

Let me know if that sort of answers your quesiton.

Marwan 

Marwan Dajani
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 01-05-2015 2:00 PM In reply to

The report is based on the iteminventory table

I have a column with the "purchased cost" and a column with "quantity on hand", so I did a calculated field purchased cost times quantity on hand, now I need a sumary for tha calculated field column,

You are saying that I should go into to method, add a new field to the iteminventory table? how do I get the field to calculate the totals, with actions?, where?

• 01-06-2015 11:53 AM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Hi Marcelo,

In Method, you would have to set up a button with actions to loop through your gid/table to update the "total Cost field'. (purchased cost times qth on hand).  Not ideal.

In report designer,  use the pivot grid object Pivot Grid works like Pivot Tables in Excel. Put the pivot grid in a "page header" or "report header" grouping so you get a good total, not in Detail Report section.  Item would go in rows, and PurchaseCost and Qty on Hand in Data, then add a new field to Pivot Grid and add "unbound expression" with your PurchCost * QOH forrmula. Make sure unbound type is "Integer".  Save.   Pivot will give you a sum of all values.   Add Generate Report action to your screen and you have a cost summary of items. Works great.

One of Method folks or I could help you with this if you want support. Hope that helps... Fran

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)