Method Community

Is there anyway to mass delete activities?

Last post 04-20-2015 8:42 AM by Method_Audisho. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2015 3:32 PM

• msfeld
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-14-2015
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 4

Is there anyway to mass delete activities?

We inadvertently added a number or recurring appointments that should never have been on the Method calendar.  The status was changed to Cancelled and now we would like to delete all of these cancelled recurring activities (over 2000).  Is there an easy way to do this?

• 04-19-2015 5:49 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Re: Is there anyway to mass delete activities?

Hi msfeld,

You can do a mass delete by customizing an activity screen and  looping through an activity grid where you have either filtered for all "cancelled" activites" or with having checked all of the activities you want to delete.  as always with mass actions, especially delete, select test one or two to start and check your popoulation carefully. 

hope that helps

Fran

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 04-20-2015 8:42 AM In reply to

Re: Is there anyway to mass delete activities?

Hi Fran,

Thanks for your reply, this is what I would have recommended as well. I will add a couple of notes, just to be more specific.

msfeld, the activity screen that Fran is recommending you customize is the CRM_ActivityList screen since it already contains a grid with the list of activities. This way you can add a checkbox to the grid and use a Delete Record From Table action inside of a Loop Through Grid (for checked rows) action to delete the activities that you check the box for. This is the safest method.

Alternatively, you could use a Delete Record From Table action inside of a Loop Through Table action. In this case, you’ll want to be very specific with your where clause(s) in the Loop Through Table action to prevent removing any additional activities. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)