Method Community

Same customer listed multiple times for each job

Last post 04-22-2015 5:06 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-22-2015 4:08 PM

• FredJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-22-2015
    • Posts 1

Same customer listed multiple times for each job

Michael,

I realize this post is dated but I am finding myself in the same position, has there been any change with respect to how Quickbooks/Method communicate about multiple jobs under a single customer? After importing my Quickbooks customers:jobs into a Method test file I have the same customer listed multiple times, each occurrence corresponding a different job.

Fred

-FredJ
  • 04-22-2015 5:06 PM In reply to

Re: Same customer listed multiple times for each job

Answer

Hi Fred,

The grid on the Customer and Contacts List screen is based on the Contacts table and displays each contact for all of your customers. If you have more than one contact for a particular customer, that customer will be displayed twice in the list; once for each contact.

Additionally, a job of a customer is technically an additional customer record. This additional customer record contains it’s own contact. This is why you are seeing the customer listed multiple times; once for each job. This is the way that this screen is intended to work.

Method is a customizable platform and you can alter this grid to filter out jobs and only display the main customer. If you’re interested in performing some customization on your own, you can start by watching our webinars on the topic.

Alternatively, if you do not want to dive into this yourself or you do not have the time to do so, you can hire a member of our professional services team to do this for you. If you’re interested in this, please let me know and I’ll have your account manager reach out to you to discuss.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)