Method Community

Exception Caught: Could not connect to host

Last post 04-25-2015 8:43 PM by furrywombat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2015 1:12 PM

Exception Caught: Could not connect to host

Guys,

We're getting a LOT of these errors over the last several days when attempting to connect to the Method API. I've been told that nobody else is receiving these errors, which must mean that it's not a problem. I was instructed to post my concerns here in the form. Please advise solution ASAP.

Best,

FW

• 04-24-2015 8:07 AM In reply to

Re: Exception Caught: Could not connect to host

Hi Furrywombat,

I had a look at our logs and I am seeing a large volume of calls to the MethodAPIActionSendToDesktopV2 endpoint using non-existent recordIDs which are resulting in exceptions to be retuned.  These calls are being made for the Sales Order, Invoice and Customer tables.  In some cases, I can see that the calls are being made for the Customer table using a recordID = 0.  

The calls to the MethodAPIActionSendToDesktopV2 endpoint for the Sales Order & Invoice tables are continuing to be made this morning on a very frequent occurrence in duplicate fashion (It appears that two users are making the exact same calls).  

I suggest revisiting the code on your side to determine where these calls are originating and correcting the problem.  Eliminating these errors will allow us to see if this is the source of your problem, and if not, we can then dig deeper.

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 04-25-2015 8:43 PM In reply to

Re: Exception Caught: Could not connect to host

Jonathan, I created an audit log for every API call being made. After a few adjustments, the number of invalid calls should have been eliminated. I'll keep an eye on the exceptions over the coming weeks, and will let you know if the issue continues.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)