Method Community

Method Invoice Report - Do NOT Include Freight Charge?

Last post 04-27-2015 7:08 PM by furrywombat. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2015 3:34 PM

Method Invoice Report - Do NOT Include Freight Charge?

I'm trying to prepare a Method report template that lists only inventory items, non-inclusive of freight. This is a commercial invoice template and freight charge on there would mess with the customs & duties. I've figured out a way to filter the line items only to include inventory items, however, I cannot figure out a way to create a calculated field that would total the amount of inventory items. Is there a way I can perform a custom SQL query to generate this number in the Method report designer?

Thanks in advance.

FW

• 04-27-2015 4:01 PM In reply to

Re: Method Invoice Report - Do NOT Include Freight Charge?

Hi FW,

How about using actions on your Invoices screen to calculate this total and then store it in a custom field on your Invoice table? Then all you would need to do is replace the total field on your report.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-27-2015 4:07 PM In reply to

Already thought of that. But not an acceptable solution.

FW

• 04-27-2015 4:24 PM In reply to

Hi FW,

Would you mind telling me why?

Your alternative may be to write a script in report designer to calculate this. You may be able to use an ‘If’ statement to filter the line items you need to include, but this goes beyond my knowledge of scripting in report designer and beyond what I can provide support for.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 04-27-2015 4:30 PM In reply to

Audisho,

The reason why is because then I would need to modify every point of contact with method invoice report generation, which would also slow down the associated action sets. Not acceptable. If I can do this from the report designer, only a single point of contact needs to be made and it will integrate seamlessly with all future invoices without further customization. 

I sure would love to hear more from someone who knows more about the report designer, who could at least point me in the right direction on this.

Thanks.

FW

• 04-27-2015 5:06 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi FW,

One of our professional services team members gave me an additional option. If you are already filtering out the line items that you do no want to include in this total, you can add a label to the report and use the summary function for this.

Your summary will looks something like this, but replace Estimate with Invoice:

The label will display the sum of the amounts of all the displayed invoice lines. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 04-27-2015 7:08 PM In reply to

Now we're talking. Thanks Audisho! This, I can use Yes

FW

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)