Method Community

Custom fields (in VendorCreditLineItem) erased after synchronized with QuickBooks

Last post 06-05-2015 6:44 PM by alexhuang. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2015 1:53 PM

Custom fields (in VendorCreditLineItem) erased after synchronized with QuickBooks

Hi Method,

I enountered an issue while turn on real-time synchronization with QuickBooks (v14, Enterprise Desktop).

Here is the scenario:

1. I add some custom fields in "VendorCreditLineItem" Table. (One field is a dropdown links to BillLineItem.)

2. With "Method Integration Engine" turn on and QuickBooks opened. As soon as I create a Credit, those custom fields of "VendorCreditLineItem" are erased (maybe empty or NULL).

3. If I turn off "Method Integration Engine", then those custom fields can keep the value I input. However, if I turn on "Method Integration Engine" later, and after synchronization, these fields are erased again.

Is this some limitation or how can I resolve this issue? Thanks. 

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 04-28-2015 3:35 PM In reply to

Re: Custom fields (in VendorCreditLineItem) erased after synchronized with QuickBooks

Answer

Hi Alex,

I’m not sure why these custom field values are being cleared on sync, but it looks like you can resolve the issue by allowing edits directly on the grid. You can do this by selecting the Edit button on the VendorCreditLineItems grid, navigating to step 5 and changing the radio option to Editing takes place directly in the grid. For whatever reason, doing this causes the value in the custom fields to be retained after the transaction is synced.

Give this a shot and post back here to let me know if this works.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 04-28-2015 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: Custom fields (in VendorCreditLineItem) erased after synchronized with QuickBooks

Hi Audisho,

In my screen, VendorCreditLineItems grid is allowed to be edit directly in the grid already. Any idea?

And, either those custom fields are added to grid or not does not matter, they will be erased after synchronization.

Thanks.

[Extra information:

And, now thing seems got worse. I tried my Purchase Order screen to synchronize with QuickBooks. In PurchaseOrderLineItem table, I have three custom fields (created in QBs.) I can also see this kind of error there. That is, after adding new items to a Purchase Order, if I turn on Method Integration Engine, those custom fields will be erased.]

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 04-29-2015 8:51 AM In reply to

Hi Alex,

You’re right, this is now happening on my end as well. I’ll create a ticket with our development team and have them investigate further. I’ll keep you posted on any updates via this forum thread.

You might be able to work-around this for the time being. It appears that once the line has synced with QB, you can enter a value into the custom field and it will not be cleared. This is not ideal, but maybe you create a workflow for entering data into these custom fields after the vendor credit and lines have already synced.

With regards to your QB custom fields on purchase orders, I made some recommendations in your other thread.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 04-29-2015 10:33 AM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

I'll wait for your update, and please give me ETA so I can go back to my clients for schedule.

Thanks for help.

--

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 04-29-2015 10:43 AM In reply to

Hi Alex,

I cannot provide you with an ETA, but as I stated, I will keep you up-to-date on the status via this thread.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 04-29-2015 11:09 AM In reply to

OK. Thanks.

--

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 05-05-2015 11:10 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi,

Any update about this issue? 

--

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 05-06-2015 10:06 AM In reply to

Hi Method,

Now it is urgent to my client. Without this issue fixed, we can not turn on synchronization engine to test becuase all Method custom fields are erased. 

Can you give some update about this case?

Please help.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 05-06-2015 10:56 AM In reply to

Hi Alex,

The development team is investigating this and are currently determining the scope of the fix. This may be a large project requiring an update to the Method Integration Engine and as such, I can’t make any promises that this will be resolved shortly. It really depends on the scope of the project.

I performed some additional testing and it appears that the custom Method field is only cleared when the line item is initially posted to QuickBooks. Subsequent modifications to the transaction, the line and syncs do not appear to clear the field.

If you have some data in these custom fields on lines that have not yet been posted, you can export the lines, allow it to sync and then re-import them. I understand this is tedious work, but I want to provide you with a work-around in the event that this issue can’t be resolved in the near future.

I’ll post back again once I have a better idea of what is required to resolve the this. Sorry again for the inconvenience and I thank you for your patience.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 05-06-2015 11:27 AM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

Thanks. I probabaly not able to ask my client to do manual import.

Anyway, I should did this test myself, but it took a while to insert action in Method, so just ask here:

what if I do like:

1. Create a lineitem and force it to sync to QBs (send to desktop)

2. update this new lineitem again in Method, and wait for sychronization. 

Do you think this will work? It seems that at (1), there is no way to know if synchronization is finished or not.

--

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 05-06-2015 12:04 PM In reply to

Hi Alex,

This should work. You can check to see if a line has synced by confirming that it has a TxnLineID. This value is inserted by QuickBooks and will be blank unless it has been posted. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 05-06-2015 12:16 PM In reply to

Hi,

But it seems no action can hold the action sequence till TxnLineID is generated. My lineitems are inserted in a loop through checked grid items, I need a work-around that can be done in a loop. 

any idea?

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 05-06-2015 12:58 PM In reply to

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, this sort of automation isn’t possible in Method. The most you can do is break this into 2 manual processes instead of 1. On the second, do something like check to see if the line has a TxnLineID and display a message indicating that the line must be posted before entering a value into the custom field if it does not.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 05-06-2015 3:04 PM In reply to

Hi,

That is not feasible. Those valeus are RecordID which my end users never know and should not know. To break it to two steps will cause me to find a way to store them somewhere since Method has no array and seems too much side-effect to make it.

Please try to solve this bug as quick as possible. 

--

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >