Method Community

Character Function - Carriage Return vs Line Break

Last post 06-10-2015 10:18 AM by Method_Audisho. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2015 11:17 AM

Character Function - Carriage Return vs Line Break

Any way I can insert a single carriage return using a Character Function? The 'Join with line break' action creates an entire blank line but would rather just have a simple carriage return.

Am I missing something?

Thx

Blake C
  • 05-20-2015 1:21 PM In reply to

Re: Character Function - Carriage Return vs Line Break

Hi Blake,

It looks like this might be a bug. I’ve created a ticket for the development team to investigate further. I’ll keep you posted on any updates that I receive via this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-10-2015 10:18 AM In reply to

Re: Character Function - Carriage Return vs Line Break

Answer

Hi Blake,

Sorry that it took so long for me to respond back to this. I was informed by our development team that this line break functionality is actually done by design and I wanted to see if I could come up with a workaround.

I did some testing and it appears that different elements in Method will display the line break differently. I did come up with a workaround, but due to this, it does not work everywhere. For example, it does not work within a plain text textbox however, if you were to enable the HTML editor on the textbox, the workaround is now viable.

To give it a shot, simply add another Character Function to your action set. This character function will replace your line breaks with a “<br />” tag.

Most elements in Method will render the HTML and will now display a single line break. As I mentioned, this does not work in a plain text textbox, but it will work within an HTML textbox or within a label.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)