Method Community

Export data date format is pretty but unusable

Last post 05-29-2015 2:31 PM by furrywombat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2015 1:42 PM

Export data date format is pretty but unusable

Guys,

When exporting data, any column that is of type DATE exports like so... Jan-01-2015. Every time we need to parse through the data to convert to proper DATETIME or TIMESTAMP format to do anything useful with it. Can you either offer a toggle-switch that allows for properly-formatted date/time fields or simply switch to a more usable format for export by default? What was the thinking behind this in the first place? It's pretty, but totally useless to anything but the human eye.

Thanks,

FW

• 05-29-2015 2:23 PM In reply to

Re: Export data date format is pretty but unusable

Hi FW,

At this time, I’m not quite sure why we use the date / time format that we do, but I’ll ask around and post back once I have an answer for you.

I understand your concern that the current format isn’t “friendly” for use with other software and cannot be easily converted in Excel. I went ahead and created a feature request ticket on your behalf to use a different date / time format or allow this to be a changeable option. There may be an underlying limitation that forces us to use this format, but I’ll let you know if that’s the case.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-29-2015 2:27 PM In reply to

Thanks, Audisho. Will await your reply.

• 05-29-2015 2:31 PM In reply to

To be clear, when using the export API through the CRM control panel, it is exported as 2015-Jan-01 HH:MM:SS. Only thing that would be nice to see is if we could change it to something more along the lines of 2015-01-01 HH:MM:SS.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)