Method Community

Strategy for deleting contacts

Last post 06-09-2015 12:34 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2015 9:40 AM

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Strategy for deleting contacts

During testing a new setup, I usually end up needing to delete some contacts. When deleting a contact you must delete the entity first.

For some contacts, it deletes the entity, but will not let you delete the primary contact. So you end up with orphaned contacts. What is the best way to filter the contact list to exclude orphaned contacts?

Also have a customer contact that had some test transactions. I deleted the transactions and tried to delete the contact. Seems like it made the contact in active but did not delete anything. Is it possible that method will not allow you to delete the contact after it has been synchronized with QuickBooks?

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 06-09-2015 12:34 PM In reply to

Re: Strategy for deleting contacts

Hi Mahlon,

When you delete an entity in Method that has been posted to QB, the entity record is archived and marked for deletion. Once the sync completes and the entity is removed from QB, it is then completely removed from Method along with any related contact records.

When a lead is deleted, since it does not sync with QB, it should be removed immediately along with any related contacts. There is a ticket with the development team, as this is not happening as it should. At this time, I believe that the lead is being archived, marked for deletion and the related contacts are remaining in the Contacts table.

Keeping in mind that there is a ticket for lead contacts not being removed, are you experiencing different behaviour and if so can you explain?

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)