Method Community

Date Picker Issue

Last post 08-12-2010 11:53 AM by Anonymous. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2010 11:47 AM

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Date Picker Issue

I created a new screen from scratch. I added a Date Picker object. In step 1 of the date picker properties, I did NOT select the checkbox for "Use today's date/time" as the default. In step 4 I selected the check boxes for "Show Date and Time" and "override default time of day to" for the default time of day I entered "7:30 AM" 

When I published the screen and select a date, it enters the correct date, but shows the current time not 7:30 AM. I also tried changing the default time of day to "7:30:00 AM" with the same results. Is this a bug or am I not putting the time in the correct format or something like that?

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

~ Method user / partner since 2008

~ Over 15 years field service experience

~ 2013 Method Partner of the Year

~ Degree in Computer Science

Creator of:

• 05-04-2010 9:04 AM In reply to

Re: Date Picker Issue

Answer

Hi Matt,

To 'Override default time of day to', you would need to set a default value. So for instance if you had selected the checkbox for "Use today's date/time" and in step 4 you set 'Override default time of day to' "7:30 AM" and publish. Then when you select a date the time portion of the date would be replaced by 7:30 AM. The reason step 4 is not working in your case is because there is no default value to override. Hope that helps.

• 05-04-2010 9:16 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Yes, Amanda that helps tremendously. Thank you.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

Creator of:

• 05-04-2010 9:26 AM In reply to

Awesome! Let us know if you have any more questions.

• 05-04-2010 10:43 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Amanda,

It was working well, until I added action(s) to the DateChanged event in step 2 of the date picker. The action I added was to 'Enter Value Into Field On Screen' where it was getting the value from the date picker object. Example when Date Picker1 was changed I wanted Date Picker 2 to have the new date and time that was selected in Date Picker1.

The following problems took place with the Date Picker Object:

1. When I selected a date other than the default of today's date, the month changed from "May" to "05" example "May-07-2010" became "05-07-2010"

2. When a new date is selected, the Time portion disappears from the original Time Picker. 

3. The time does not get copied over to the second field, only the new date portion. 

The following problems happened when the DatePicker was tied to a field in the table as opposed to just being an object on the screen:

1. The Month and Date get transposed. Example if I selected May 6th, the field then showed June 5th.

2. If the "Use today's date/time" checkbox is not checked in step 1 and none of the checkboxes are checked in step 4... when I select a date, the correct date is selected, but the current time also appears.

I hope the explanations make enough sense :)

Thanks again for your help!

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

Creator of:

• 05-04-2010 4:35 PM In reply to

Thanks for pointing this out Matt. We'll look into it and I'll update you on the progress.

• 05-12-2010 10:56 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

Amanda,

I saw that someone else was having a similar problem on another forum. The response to that thread fixed the following 2 problems for me as well by adding a default date format on the Customize > Display tab such as "mmm-dd-yyyy

1. When I selected a date other than the default of today's date, the month changed from "May" to "05" example "May-07-2010" became "05-07-2010"

1. The Month and Date get transposed. Example if I selected May 6th, the field then showed June 5th.

The other issues unfortunately don't seem to be fixed with this.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

Creator of:

• 05-13-2010 9:39 AM In reply to

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update. I'll follow up with you once I get some feedback regarding the other issues I was able to replicate.

• 06-17-2010 9:16 AM In reply to

Hi Matt,

Can you try those scenarios now and let me know how it goes? They should be working fine now with the last update we did.

• 08-11-2010 11:00 AM In reply to

• Matt
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2008
    • Posts 877

HI Amanda,

Sorry for the delay in checking this out.

3. The time does not get copied over to the second field, only the new date portion. 

2. If the "Use today's date/time" checkbox is not checked in step 1 and none of the checkboxes are checked in step 4... when I select a date, the correct date is selected, but the current time also appears.

Both appear to be working correctly now.

I did however notice that when the check box for "Override default time of day to" (7:30 AM in this case) is checked in date picker 1 and I change the date, date picker 2 is populated with Aug 11 2010 12:00 7:30 AM. It appears to be adding the "12:00" in the middle.

Thank you for your help.

Matt Raiser

Founder,

www.techinthefield.com

matt@techinthefield.com

219-221-9500

Creator of:

• 08-12-2010 11:53 AM In reply to

Matt,

I'll look into this and get back to you.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)