Method Community

Sorting Leads/Customers list by Company

Last post 07-08-2015 3:51 PM by cdrryan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2015 1:48 PM

Sorting Leads/Customers list by Company

Hi again,

I have noticed that when I am in both the leads list and customers/contacts list, the grid shows all contacts for all companies. Is there a way to easily sort so that it just shows the companies? (For example COMPANY 1 has contact 1, 2 and 3. All 3 of these are seperate entries in the grid. I want to just view COMPANY 1 as 1 grid line.)

Thanks,

Conner

• 07-06-2015 2:43 PM In reply to

Re: Sorting Leads/Customers list by Company

Hey Conner,

From what I understood you want the grid to show:

Company 1 - Contact 1

Company 1 - Contact 2

Company 2 - Contact 1

If I am correct you can achieve this by adding the CompanyName field to the grid. Also on Step 4 of the Grid Wizard you will want to Sort first by CompanyName (A to Z).

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-07-2015 1:37 PM In reply to

Hey Conner,

As I reread your thread, my original reply did not answer your request.

You wanted a 1-to-1 main contact to company per line, thus having as you stated one company/grid line.

This can be done by adding a new Filter on Step 3 of 9 of the Grid Wizard.

I created a new View Name, I then added from the list of available fields, 'SpecialType' - then Filter Properties for the field just set it to equal Contact.

If you wanted that filter to load by default on the CustomerList screen you can check "This is the default view for the grid."

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-07-2015 3:11 PM In reply to

For your new view is that the only filter property that you use? Here is a picture of what my view looks like http://imgur.com/aCxVp7h , However this did not work.

I am not sure which "Contact" to make specialtype equal to, is it a field from the screen, session, or shared?

Conner

• 07-07-2015 3:18 PM In reply to

Hey Conner,

This is how I have it set: http://i.imgur.com/yxSTfJk.png

You're going to make it Equal To then Type In and thats where you simply type in Contact.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-07-2015 4:21 PM In reply to

Ok perfect that worked. Now the problem I am having is that when the checkbox is marked, it toggles my "SHIPPED!" label on all sales orders, not just the one the box has checked. I would figure the solution would be adding the label to the salesorder table as a field, but it doesn't look like you can add labels to these. 

Conner

• 07-08-2015 8:10 AM In reply to

Hey Conner,

Happy it works now :).

Why don't you add a Yes/No field to your SalesOrder (ie. IsShipped?) and use that as your checkbox. 

The logic would be if the SalesOrder# opened has IsShipped? = TRUE then unhide a label on screen that says "SHIPPED!" 

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-08-2015 10:13 AM In reply to

Hey Mortaza,

Where do I add this logic? I assumed it would be a conditional statement under the yes/no field, but I am not seeing anywhere where I can choose these options.

Conner

• 07-08-2015 2:27 PM In reply to

Hey Conner,

First I added the IsShipped field onto the Sales Order screen. Then I added the label SHIPPED! to the screen and made it hidden from the properties.

Now you just need to add the conditional statements onto the SELECT action from the left side grid. Edit the SalesOrderList and move to Step 2 of 9 and click on Actions for SELECT. When you select different Sales Orders it checks to see if this Sales Order has been shipped or not. If it has it will show the SHIPPED! Label if not it will hide it.

Here is a screenshot of the first condition statement:

then I added

Then close the condition statement.

You will also want to make the opposite for when Is Shipped = FALSE to Always Hide the Shipped! Label.

I hope this can put you on the right path, if not let me know and I can elaborate.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-08-2015 3:51 PM In reply to

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much for your help, I'm still learning my way through the intricacies of method.

Conner

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)