Method Community

Build items in Build Assembly, and Serial Numbers

Last post 05-06-2010 7:01 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2010 1:17 AM

• DaveS
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2009
    • Boulder, Colorado
    • Posts 87

Build items in Build Assembly, and Serial Numbers

1.  Does Method offer screens or APIs to build ItemInventoryAssembly (IIA) items, similar to QB? 
         Example if there is an IIA item "Bicycle Model 3000", in QB Build Assembly user can build 100 of these bicycles which will add to the "On Hand" count of these bicycles in inventory.     Can this same build of 100 bicycles be done in Method?

2.  Does Method have capability or API to assign unique serial numbers to each of these 100 bicycles built?

Dave Sakamoto CPA, MBA
    Founder and CEO Info On The Web
    Dave.Sakamoto@InfoOnTheWeb.com
  • 05-06-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

Re: Build items in Build Assembly, and Serial Numbers

Dave -

Q1: Both Method and the API has the ability to add ItemInventoryAssembly items.  Where are you having problems?

Q2: If the user has installed Method Warehouse, they have a InventoryControlBinSerial table.  They need Method Warehouse installed to have serial number tracking.

Paul

• 05-06-2010 5:35 PM In reply to

• DaveS
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2009
    • Boulder, Colorado
    • Posts 87

Paul,

Q1.  We may not be talking about the same thing, let me explain better. 
    I am familar with the ItemInventoryAssembly screen and API to add a new item and parts. Such as "Bicycle Model 2000".   What I am asking about is the process to Build say 1000 of these bicycles.  Qb has "BuildAssemblie" function. 

In QB, each build process 1) adds finished item to inventory  2) reduces the parts used  3) creates a Build process number, plus possibly other steps in the background as well.. 

Does Method have this BUILD function so user can build a 1000 of a IIA item?

Q2.  Does Method Warehouse come with the Full Blow version?

Dave

Dave Sakamoto CPA, MBA
    Founder and CEO Info On The Web
    Dave.Sakamoto@InfoOnTheWeb.com
  • 05-06-2010 5:53 PM In reply to

Hi Dave -

I need you to review my responses from:

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/t/705.aspx

and

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/t/735.aspx

I took some effort to really outline the differences between a QuickBooks BuildAssembly and a QuickBooks ItemInventoryAssembly.  This question is a repeat of what is already discussed there.  As described in those posts, Method is doing the same operations that happen in QuickBooks natively.  If you have further questions beyond what is discussed in those posts, and relate to the API, please let me know.

In terms of Method Warehouse, here is the page on the Method website, right in the App Library:

http://www.methodintegration.com/web/web-app-for-quickbooks.aspx?app=Method%20Warehouse&MRP-Manufacturing-Wholesale-Warehouse-Management-For-Use-With-Intuit-QuickBooks-Enterprise.html

Paul

• 05-06-2010 7:01 PM In reply to

Dave,

In addition to Paul's response, I'd like to ask that you please review the webinars that have been made available to you.   Many of the questions you are asking around Method Warehouse are addressed in these movies.  

Thanks,

Danny

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)