Method Community

Mark activities as completed in batch or delete within selected date range?

Last post 07-14-2015 3:00 PM by scottaskinosie. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2015 8:55 AM

Mark activities as completed in batch or delete within selected date range?

We have recently had some personel changes and due to training time for our new sales rep we have many activities that have not been completed that we would like to either mark as completed or simply delete from CRM. We have about 300 in total. Is there an easy way to make a button to either of these things?

• 07-14-2015 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: Mark activities as completed in batch or delete within selected date range?

I created a loop that includes activities within a date range but now I am not sure how to use that loop to only delete the activities within it:( 

• 07-14-2015 10:11 AM In reply to

Hey,

Following THIS Help Center article it explains how to delete multiple records while looping through a grid. This article is geared toward deleting customers but following the same steps you can complete the process for Activities not equal to Completed.

In your case on step 4: choose the Activities table. On step 10: for filter you will want to set it up so it lists any activity that is NOT completed. 

Let me know if you need me to further explain the different options you will be choosing as you will be working with the Activities table.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 07-14-2015 10:16 AM In reply to

Also since you want it to be within a specific date range, make sure you add that to the filter as per step 10. 

The fields will be: DueDateStart and DueDateEnd which is the Due On & Due Ending as listed on New Activity screen.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-14-2015 11:41 AM In reply to

Thank you Mortaza! I'll give that a shot.

• 07-14-2015 1:35 PM In reply to

Thanks again Mortaza,

I do have a question. When I get to step 15 I am not sure how to set up the delete rules. I have two variables, activity status and date range. How do I set up the delete from table rules?

Thanks again!!!

• 07-14-2015 2:05 PM In reply to

Answer

Hey,

Using the filters do you now have a Grid that has all the Activities you want to be deleted? 

Make sure the Grid has a list of all the Activities you want to have deleted and no other ones. All that step 15 is going to do is loop through each row of the grid and delete the record. The filter should have two options attached:

> Where ActivityStatus Not Equal to Completed.

> Where Activity is within XX-XX-XXX and XX-XX-XXXX date range.

Once you have a Grid with a list of Activities you want to have deleted, add the Field RecordID to the Grid.

The Action Properties for Delete Record From Table will be:

Under Select Table: select Activity.

Under Where Field select RecordID.

Under the next drop down select Equal To.

Under Value: select Value From Row.

Under the next drop down select RecordID.

In the box Internal Note: type in what this action does.

Click Save & Close.

What is happening here it’s going to delete every Activity from the Activity table that matches the RecordID that is listed in your Grid you created. It's crucial you confirm the Grid meets the Activities you want to have deleted.

Let me know if you need me to elaborate any steps here.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 07-14-2015 3:00 PM In reply to

That worked like a charm!

Thank you Mortaza! I really really really appreciate the help!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)