Method Community

Scheduled Report Multiple Assignment / Estimate Quantity Fault

Last post 08-13-2015 5:03 AM by callumbowran. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-31-2015 5:54 AM

Scheduled Report Multiple Assignment / Estimate Quantity Fault

Couple of problems I'm running into that hopefully someone can help me with!

Firstly, is there a way to assign a scheduled report to multiple users? I want two different accounts to have access to the same report, but I can only see an option to assign one user. Obviously I can set up two instances of the report and assign each to the user, but that seems a bit clunky. Surely there must be a more elegant way?

Secondly, on our Estimate report, when we edit the quantities of the line item, the calculations follow through correctly, however when we select 'print preview', all of the quantities display the value entered into the first line item (see pics attached - in this instance, because the first line item is '1', all of the quantities on the print preview display '1'. If this quantity is changed to '6', without editing any other quantites, all of the quantities on the print preview would display '6', even though the price calculated would be correct for the quantity input on the line item within the browser')

We also seem to have an extra blank page on the print preview... I've seen that people have asked about this before, but I don't seem to recall there being a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance!

• 07-31-2015 11:32 AM In reply to

Re: Scheduled Report Multiple Assignment / Estimate Quantity Fault

Hey Callum,

There is no way to assign more than one User to a Scheduled Report, those are QB Scheduled Reports.

Can you copy and paste the field you are using for the Quantity in your report? On the stock screen under Qty we have:

[EstimateLine.Estimate.Quantity]

Is that what you are seeing on your report?

In regards to the extra blank page:

If you have no fields outside the report boundaries, the blank pages might be caused by the size of the descriptions on your items. The only way to fix the report is to design it a little differently. Try decreasing the space given for the Detail band and also try to give more space for your Description field so the text doesn't have to wrap so much. Hope this helps!

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-03-2015 3:30 AM In reply to

Ok, that's a shame. I've duplicated the report to assign to another user, but when I assign the user and press 'Add/Save Report', it automatically reverts the assignment back to the original user (i.e. me). Surely you can have multiple instances of the same report assigned to individual users?

The field that I'm using for the Quantity is the '[EstimateLine.Estimate.Quantity]'

I'll try what you suggest for the blank page and let you know how I get on.

• 08-05-2015 10:10 AM In reply to

Hey Callum,

That is an issue I was able to replicate. It looks like the report is still generated for the person it was assigned to and is only reverting to the Admin user(your account) once you edit an existing scheduled report.

A possible workaround can we play with the Filters on the QuickBooks Reports screens Grid? Filter the screen or grid to be showing for only those specific Users?

In regards to the Estimate QTY, I'm still looking into why that would happen - I'll follow up.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-11-2015 3:18 AM In reply to

Any further insight regarding the estimate quantity? This is slowing us down quite a lot and we need to get it resolved.

• 08-11-2015 10:51 AM In reply to

Hey Callum

Can you please turn on the MethodSupport User by heading over to Customize > Users and making sure the checkbox next to MethodSupport is checked.

After PM me your Company Account and I can log into your Account and do some poking around to see if I can find a cause for the issue.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-12-2015 9:10 AM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Answer

Callum,

Mortaza and you may have already resolved this, but which Estimateline.estimatequantiy are you using on your report?

Under the ESTIMATE teble list there is an ESTIMATELINE  Fied with a "+" next to it.  That is where you should be getting your Quantity from.

Not from the ESTIMATELINE field listing .  I know its counter intuitive, but that's how designer works with nested data.

Hope that helps. 

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 08-12-2015 3:10 PM In reply to

Hey guys,

Sorry didn't get a chance to update the thread.

Firstly, thanks Fran! That was the exact issue.

Callum, I created a copy of your Estimate (Custom) report and fixed the field and repointed your Estimate screen to that report, Estimate (Custom)(MS).

I tested and everything looks back to normal.

Take a look at it and let me know if it is working how it should.

Regards,

Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-13-2015 5:03 AM In reply to

All looks good! Thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)