Method Community

POs not being fully received

Last post 08-19-2015 4:48 PM by Method_Morty. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2015 9:13 AM

POs not being fully received

Hello again Method!

So we are having some issues with our POs not being fully received. We had to modify how we enter bills in Method to how we enter Bills in Quickbooks.

This is how we used to enter bills in Method:

From a PO we would make the item receipt. Then to make the Bill it wanted us to choose from POs that were fully received. This seemed very odd to us because this is not how the process is supposed to be done in QuickBooks.

In QuickBooks,

From the PO we make the item receipt. Then from the item receipt we then make the Bill. The item receipt then "falls off" because it is turned into a Bill.

Back to Method.

I tried to replicate this process and was some what successful. From the PO, we make the item receipt. When we make the item receipt, it shows that the PO is fully received. Then from the item receipt we make the bill. However when we did this process, the item receipts were not being deleted. So to delete them, I set up some actions in Method to make this happen. It appeared to be working fine. However a couple days later, we looked at the POs, and they were not received at all. I believe the problem is when the Item Receipt is being deleted, its somehow syncing back with QuickBooks to the PO to show its not received at all, even though there is a Bill for the PO. So to fix this, I tried to update the "IsFullyReceived" field in Method to "Yes" for the POs that we know are fully received, and have Bills. But you cannot update this Field in Method. So I'm kind of stuck. I was wondering if you knew of this problem. I believe the process would work fine if I could somehow tell Method when the Bill is received, to update the PO to IsFullyReceived=Yes.

• 08-13-2015 12:04 PM In reply to

Re: POs not being fully received

Hey,

The reason for that work-flow in Method is due to SDK limitations: you can read more about it HERE.

On the bottom of that article it states:

It may still be possible to replicate this process using Method actions, but Method has no way of knowing what quantity is "remaining" to be sent over (converted). For example, you can use Method actions to copy an Estimate into an Invoice, but there is nothing stopping a user from doing it again, and again. Where-as, QuickBooks will only allow conversation of the remaining quantity until it has been fully converted.

Do you think this maybe related to the Action errors? Let me know and we can further troubleshoot.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-13-2015 1:32 PM In reply to

Mortaza,

Thanks for the timely resposne!

Ok so since it doesn't support PO->Item Receipt-> Bill, I just need to replicate these actions in Method. To do this I need to be able to edit the "IsFullyReceived" field in the PurchaseOrder Table, and the errors I get are:

If the picture doen't work the error says:

"Field "IsFullyReceived" does not support editing.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1"

I get the same errors when trying to modify the Received Quantity field in the PurchaseOrderLine Table.

So I guess is there a way around this, or do you know of a way to replicate this process in method?

Thanks

• 08-14-2015 9:21 AM In reply to

Hey,

Doing some research on the QuickBooks SDK communities 'IsFullyReceived' field is read-only.

I will see if there is an alternative route to take and follow up with what I find.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-14-2015 11:35 AM In reply to

Thanks! Yes please let me know what you find out!

• 08-19-2015 10:12 AM In reply to

Mortaza,

Did you find out anything further?

Thanks

• 08-19-2015 4:48 PM In reply to

Hey,

Sorry for the late response.

From my trial & error I was unable to follow that flow PO > IR > Bill.

The only route I can think that would still be viable on Method would be to remove one of the conversions.

The break in the process is Item Receipt to Bill as per SDK limitations. So you can either do that part of the flow strictly in QB, or just go from PO > Bill.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)