Method Community

Report Designer

Last post 08-15-2015 10:47 PM by fran. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2015 11:33 AM

Report Designer

Can a person add a value from a screen to a report? For example, I have a screen that the user picks a date range and a report is generated for that date range.

Can I add that date range, that the user picked, to the report that is generated?

• 08-13-2015 11:52 AM In reply to

Re: Report Designer

Hey Pattie,

That can be done using the Report Desinger, I suggest watching our 3 part intro webinar on the Report Desinger, HERE.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-13-2015 12:13 PM In reply to

I have watched those videos but they dont show how to do what I am asking

• 08-13-2015 12:29 PM In reply to

Hey Pattie,

We do date range formatting from the Activity Reports.

Head over to Activites > Activity Report > Step 3: Add Filters > Date Range

If you open that screen in screen designer you can see at around Action #66 of 'Generate Report' button how it uses that data from the Date Range on screen field.

*Also wanted to add: In the Generate Report action, you can add a filter to only display the records that are within a date range by choosing the date range option and then enter the dates that make up the range.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-13-2015 12:34 PM In reply to

I do understand that and I have filtered that way but I wanted to add two labels at the top of the report to Show the two date ranges they uiser picked

• 08-13-2015 1:25 PM In reply to

I actually need to do the exact same thing at the moment! 

• 08-13-2015 3:20 PM In reply to

Hey,

Sorry for misunderstanding the question.

To capture on screen fields onto a report you must first add that field to the Table.

Example:

On my Estimates report I want to show a Date that was picked by a User from the Estimates screen. When the User clicks Print Preview the Report opens with that date field on the report with the date set to what the User picked.

> I added a Date field to the Estimates Table.

> I customized my Estimates screen and added that field to the screen for Users to pick a date.

> I customized the report by dragging the field onto the report from the right side pan under Estimates.

Let me know if that is what was trying to be accomplished, if not we can take a further look.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-13-2015 6:08 PM In reply to

I figured it out

I already had the field in the table so here is what I did

1. In the report designer I added the field twice to the top of my report

1. Add a summary to each field (1 Min and 1 Max) for the report See screen shots below

1. I added labels to identify what the dates were

Now when the report is generated it has the date range that the user used for the report

• 08-14-2015 2:13 PM In reply to

Thanks!

• 08-15-2015 10:47 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Patttie, 

One trick I have used to show and filter my  reports...is to add a field(s) to the company table for your date variables. And it only has one record so you know you can only have one set of parameters. This table shows on all reports.   I usually add a param1 and param2 field and use them for date start, date end or whatever. 

On your screen, update the value of the parameterfield with your date or whatever. 

Then in designer, you can filter your  report by the company table parameter fields. And you can easily set alabel on your report to show the dates shown.

Hope that helps..

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)