Method Community

Preview/Edit Estimate Email Prior To Sending?

Last post 08-14-2015 11:17 AM by aaronjwood. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2015 6:50 AM

Preview/Edit Estimate Email Prior To Sending?

Hello,

Is there a way to preview tan estimate email prior to actually sneding it (ideally with merged fields already merged)? For example, suppose I wanted to add a quick personal comment at the end of the estimate email template text to add an extra customer service touch. We prefer to send our estimates/quotes as attachments and I have successfully built a button that does this on the estimate screen using our customized estimate email template. However, I would like the ability to edit the body of this email prior to actually having method send it.

--Aaron 

• 08-14-2015 11:03 AM In reply to

Re: Preview/Edit Estimate Email Prior To Sending?

Hey Aaron,

I would have to test it on my end but:

> If User wants to append a message to the EmailBody open a Popup

> In Popup have a TextInput for the message

> In the Popup the Send Email button have a Character Function that Joins your EmailBody + Value From Screen (TextInput) assign to Action Result

> In your SendEmail Action change your Body to that Character Function Action Result ^

This should work using the same flow as we use for Send Email on the stock Estimates screen. The Body is retrieved from the Table EmailTemplate field 'EmailBody'

Theoretically this should work, my only concerns are the formatting within the email Body - how the appended message will look.

If you wanted to skip the Popup option you can add the TextInput to the Estimate screen itself, and achieve the same results. I would add a condition to check to see if the TextInput is empty or not before executing any Actions.

Thoughts on this route?

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-14-2015 11:17 AM In reply to

Re: Preview/Edit Estimate Email Prior To Sending?

I will explore a few of your suggestions and report back. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)