Method Community

Changing the source table for a calculated field

Last post 08-20-2015 1:47 PM by Method_Morty. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2015 11:14 AM

Changing the source table for a calculated field

Is there any way to change the source table of the SalesTaxTotal, Subtotal, and TotalAmount fileds in the Estimate table? I have written a custom estimate screen that builds an estimate from a list of items that I don't want synced with QuickBooks. Unfortunately I didn't realize the the three fields above in the Etimate table are calculated fields based in the EstimateLine table. I am stuck now because I have no way to generate totals on an estimate. The plan was to convert these non-synced items over to actual items (and enter all fields required by QB) when the estimate is actually converted to a sales order.

Why? Because our vendor has over 5,000 SKUs that are updated each quarter. We don't want to have to assign Income and Expense accounts to all of these when the majority are rarely used. However, we want them available for our sales reps to add to estimates just in case they come accross a situation where they need them.

I'm pretty sure the answer I'm going to get is not what I want to hear, but it never hurts to ask.

--Aaron

• 08-20-2015 1:47 PM In reply to

Re: Changing the source table for a calculated field

Hey Aaron,

As you feared, unfortunately you cannot change the source for those Tables. It would cause many issues with the way Method and QuickBooks communicate.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)