Method Community

Method Integration engine can not synchronize/API does not work

Last post 08-26-2015 9:56 AM by Method_Morty. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2015 4:09 AM

Method Integration engine can not synchronize/API does not work

Hi,

Starting from Aug/25/2015, it seems that our Method integration engine and program work by Method API can not work correctly. However, it is fine to login to Method via Web browser.

The error message from Method API is 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?><MethodAPI response = "Failure. The API could not validate your log in.  Please make sure you have entered the correct Company Account, User and Password, and that each are spelt correctly.  Also, ensure that this User has been configured for Method API access by going to Customize > Users, editing the User, and ensuring that there is a check in the 'Is Allowed to Connect via MethodAPI' checkbox." ></MethodAPI>

And the error read from Method integration engine is like:

08/25/2015 1:50:16 AM Error: Invalid User Name/Password combination.  Check the spelling carefully and try again.08/25/2015 1:50:11 AM Error: Invalid User Name/Password combination.  Check the spelling carefully and try again.08/25/2015 1:50:08 AM Error: Invalid User Name/Password combination.  Check the spelling carefully and try again.------company file open------

I tried to type my account/id/password again and again, but it is not taken. Is there anything wrong with the system now?

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 08-25-2015 8:29 AM In reply to

Re: Method Integration engine can not synchronize/API does not work

I had the same issue this morning as well. All I did was shut down/close the sync engine service app and re-launch it using the admin method email login (until this morning I'd been using the method user.name) and it looks like it connects and works fine. Hope that helps...

Blake C
  • 08-25-2015 9:41 AM In reply to

Hello,

We are currently looking into this issue and I'll follow up as soon as I have some more information.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-25-2015 10:39 AM In reply to

Hey guys,

Following up: the API issues should be no more, we found the root of the problem.

Please try again and follow up with the results.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-25-2015 5:28 PM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

My program in Method API can work now. Thanks. And, Method integration engine can work, too. Are they caused by the same root and fixed?

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 08-26-2015 9:56 AM In reply to

Hey Alex,

Yes you are correct, both errors resulted from the same root issue. Correcting the root problem fixed all integrated applications that communicate via API.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)