Method Community

Default screen "PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs", fail to get Bill RecordID

Last post 09-15-2015 1:32 AM by alexhuang. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2015 12:04 AM

Default screen "PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs", fail to get Bill RecordID

Hi,

It actually happened in my customied "Bill" screen while adding item from selected PurchaseOrder, but no Bill item is created. The error is caused by some shared result became empty. Since I tweak this Bill and PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs a lot, so I though it may be caused by my customized codes, then I turn to use default "Bill" and "PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs" screen to do the test. My ways to test are:

1. Use default Bill screen to create Bill transaction for a lot of times. (I create Purchase order, then create Bill, or just delete Bill and create again.)

2. The error will occurs when a Bill is created but no Bill item is created.

3. if this case happened, I dump shared result "resultOpenPO_RecordID" in "PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs" screen, and found that it is empty. However, in Bill screen (the screen calls PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs", this shared "resultOpenPO_RecordID" is actullay assigned with Bill's RecordID, and I can even dump it to an action result and display it on text box.

4. In this case, besides no Bill RecordID is available, some actions in "PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs" can not work correctly, especially for action inside a Grid Loop (purchaseorderitem grid) which retrieves svalue from row.

5. When this error occurs, If I switch to another browser (FireFox), it works correctly with the same codes. (the same if I clear cookies of the browser.)

6. I use Chrome (in normal mode or incognito mode) mostly.

7. this is quite random, and once it happens, it will keep this error behavior till I delete the cookies or switch to another browser.

Is there any idea about this? or, any actions I should use to get rid of this random issue? It is already a blocking issue to my program, please help. Thanks.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 09-14-2015 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: Default screen "PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs", fail to get Bill RecordID

Hey Alex,

I'm having trouble trying to replicate this issue on my end.

Just to be clear the error occurs on the stock Bill/PO screen? Or customized?

If you can break the steps down, I'll try to replicate the error again.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-14-2015 1:30 PM In reply to

Hi,

It starts with my customized Bill screen:

1. In Chrome (normal mode)Create a PO with 5 different Items. (my customized PO screen.)

2. Switch to Bill screen, create a new Bill by selecting this new PO. (my customized Bill Screen.)

3. If I keep doing this (step1 and step 2) for several times (but randomly), in step2, I can experience that even I can select item from PO, however, no item is created in this new Bill (that is, a Bill is created without item.) (like 1 out of 10 times roughly, but sometimes, it never happened for a pretty busy day. Or, sometimes, it just happened in the first Bill after weekend.)

4. If I switch to a FireFox and repeat step 2, this new Bill is created with correct items.

5. If I repeat step 1 and step 2 in method default PO/Bill screen, it is hard to generate this issue, but still can be generated (roughly 1 of 30 tries)

6. in step3, if error occured, I can go to that customized screen and try to dump some shared result, however, they are all empty (that shared result are set in Bill sreen, and retrieved from PurchaseOrder_OpenPOs)

I experenced this kind of issue in some other screens (customized screens,) however, Bill screen is the most serious one. I once post this to forum, and was told to clear browser cookies to solve it. It does the trick, but this is not a feasible solution to my clients. And, it always happened by using a shared result and used in a popup screen later (and that popup screen may or may not have relationship to calling screen). I also told to clear shared result right after accessing it, and did that in my actions, but seems no luck. I also tried in incognito mode but still the same issue. So, wondering if there is anything I can do to tweak my actions or database to make it. Or, any settings in my Chrome/FireFox that I should adjust? Or, is it something wrong with my network, like network interruption?

Thanks.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 09-14-2015 2:20 PM In reply to

Hey Alex,

Thanks for elaborating the steps.

Using stock Bill/PO screen I tried the process about ~15times. Using Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 (64-bit).

I did not get that issues as you described. It's hard to pinpoint where the error lies.

I don't believe it falls under customization because it works correctly about 90-95% of the time.

Which does make it sound like a network hiccup as you stated, while the Actions are executing and retrieving the data from the database. That would be tough to troubleshoot other than trying the procedure on another network and see if you can replicate the issues.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-15-2015 1:32 AM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

Thanks for your time to patience to help me on this case, I really appreciate. I'll try to work on another network and see how it goes, or I'll try to find some other workaround to make it.

--

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)