Method Community

new user does not show in work order drop down list.

Last post 09-25-2015 8:43 AM by Method_Morty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2015 10:54 AM

new user does not show in work order drop down list.

I added a new user called "unassigned" to be able to use when making work orders in Field Service.  However they do not show up in the drop down list on new work orders.  I have verified that they fit within the filtering and should show up.  When customizing the drop down on the screen, they do not show up on page 1 of 6 in the area to select a default, however they do show up on page 4 of 6 in the list and I was able to select them on that page as the default for assigned to, and that works.  I can also type "unassigned" in on the work order and that works.  However I can not seem to get them to show up in the drop down on the screen or in the page 1 of 6 when customizing. I have refresed and have signed out an back in a couple times.  That does not help either.   Can you give me a hint about where else I might look? 

• 09-23-2015 2:25 PM In reply to

Re: new user does not show in work order drop down list.

Hey Maureen,

I followed the same steps, I created a new User on my Account: 

And then I opened 'FieldService_AddEditWorkOrder' in Screen Designer and I do see that User listed both in Step 1 and 4:

and also

At first I was worried that 'unassigned' was reserved word you cannot use. That does not seem to be the case, can you please regenerating the Users table:

- Navigate to Customize -> Tables / Fields
    - Locate ‘Users’ table
    - Click on the table name or the Edit Fields... text to the right
    - Click the Finished Editing Fields button in the bottom right

The table will now be regenerated. Now try again and see if 'unassigned' is listed.

Also I tested this on my QuickBooks Desktop test account. Are you working on an account connected to QuickBooks Online?

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-23-2015 5:23 PM In reply to

I tried that, and it did not make a difference.  However then I tried two more things and it worked (when will I learn to try one thing at a time, LOL)  So I don't know which one it was, but maybe you can tell me.

1) I did the same you said above but before clicking "Finished Editing Fields" button, I clicked the "save changes" button on the User line.  

2) I added an employee to my Quickbooks (I use Desktop version), called unassigned and then went back into Customize Users and added the employee name "unassigned" to the User.

It is working now :)

Thanks for your help, it sent me in the right direction :):)

Maureen 

• 09-25-2015 8:43 AM In reply to

Hey Maureen,

Hah, I'm happy you got it to work!

And I appreciate the follow up for anyone else that may find themselves in this situation and happen to find this thread.

Thanks!

As always if it does start giving you issues again, let me know here and we can further troubleshoot.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)