Method Community

Action to loop an empty Grid (PurchaseOrderLine), Failed to copy my PUrchaseOrder Screen to another

Last post 09-30-2015 7:25 AM by Method_Jim. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2015 3:54 PM

Action to loop an empty Grid (PurchaseOrderLine), Failed to copy my PUrchaseOrder Screen to another

Hi,

Just today, I met an issue that "Start Loop Grid" try to loop an empty grid, and no clue how it happened.

The scanario is like:

1. in my Purchase Order screen, clear and new in order to create a new PO. (this is pretty the same as stock PO screen, with PO list and POLine grid)

2. Once users select a vendor from drop down list, it will trigger a action list: In this action list, it will try to loop POLine Grid and do some check. For a PO screen without any PO item, I assume there is no codes been run in this Grid loop.

3. In my case, actually, the codes inside this Grid loop is executed. 

Again, it just happened today, and it totally blocks our PO creation flow. Any idea?

And, if I tried to copy my customied purchase order screen to another one, it failed.

--

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 09-29-2015 6:13 PM In reply to

Re: Action to loop an empty Grid (PurchaseOrderLine), Failed to copy my PUrchaseOrder Screen to another

There's definitely a problem with the Start Loop Through Grid action. I'm seeing similar behavior

Blake C
  • 09-29-2015 8:24 PM In reply to

Re: Action to loop an empty Grid (PurchaseOrderLine), Failed to copy my PUrchaseOrder Screen to another

Here's the thread I have going on the issue. https://www.method.me/cs/forums/t/7891.aspx

You can see I posted the SQL that shows the unconstrained query resulting in a full table loop. Freaks me out...if I have any updates executing inside an unconstrained grid loop...that's potentially a VERY damaging bug/issue. Hopefully I'm overreacting/not fully understanding what's going on but right now I've deactivated all my users (20 in total) until I'm confident the issue is resolved.

Blake C
  • 09-29-2015 11:39 PM In reply to

I think I already see something wrong in my database, and  that may be caused by this issue. I also deactive all my users at this moment, hopefully, all database can be recovered.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 09-30-2015 7:25 AM In reply to

• Method_Jim
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-29-2014
    • Toronto, Method HQ
    • Posts 45

We just wanted to confirm that we're on it, and will get back shortly with an update.

-Method Team

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)