Method Community

Error

Last post 10-14-2015 2:10 PM by Method_Morty. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2015 9:25 AM

Error

I did various customizations this past weeked.  All but one thing appears to be working.  On one of my customized activity screens, when "Schedule a Follow-up" is checked, and I try to save the activity, I get the following message. 

"Insert Records into Table Failed.  A Dropdown field from the screen was not found.  Please edit your actions to ensure the field exists.  If you continue to experience issues please regenerate the screen.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order: 81"

Note that if I then uncheck the "Schedule a Follow-up" I can can again save with no issue. 

I have regenerated the screen a number of times, I have viewed the original (never customized) Activity screen to verify that the follow up button still works and I can save on that screen, back on my faulty customized screen I have checked through all of the actions from each the drop downs that show when I select "Schedule a Follow-up", I have looked through the Hidden section, I can not figure out my issue.  Is there a way for me to know what action is 81?  I thought the number corresponded to an action number on one of the drop downs, but I don't find any that have that many actions.  Feeling very frustrated with myself :(  

Thanks for your help. 

Maureen

• 10-07-2015 11:10 AM In reply to

Re: Error

Hi Maureen,

Can you send me a screenshot of:

1) Action Set (specifically Action 81)

2) Insert Records into Table Action that is giving the error

You can post it here or email me directly and we can take another look.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-07-2015 11:38 AM In reply to

As stated, I can not find Action 81.  Can you tell me how to find it?  I have been through all the drop downs on the screen and none of them have a number 81. If there is a place to see all the actions for a screen, I have not been there.

• 10-07-2015 1:27 PM In reply to

Hey Maureen,

Sorry about that, Action 81 might be listed in the Schedule a Follow-Up object (81 referring to the 81st action in sequence). Or if it's calling another Action Set it maybe listed elsewhere.

It might make it easier if you turn on MethodSupport and email me your Company Account and also the screen name. I can create a copy of the screen to determine where the error lies and follow up with that information for you to fix it on your live screen.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 10-07-2015 3:36 PM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

I just took another look at the screen and found in the save button actions that Action 53 Insert Records into Table had a line item for inserting information For the Opportunity field - value from screen, however I had deleted the Opportunity field from the screen.  Ah ha, that was causing an error of course.  :)  Not sure where the #81 had come from but all's well now. Big Smile

Thank you.

• 10-08-2015 8:56 AM In reply to

Hey Maureen,

That's great news! Appreciate the follow-up for anyone else that might run into this error :).

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 10-12-2015 9:08 AM In reply to

I'm getting this same error, except on Line 80.  i don't get the error when entering an activity, just when I have the Schedule a follow up box checked and enter details into the follow up fields.  

Insert Records Into Table Failed. A Dropdown field from the screen was not found. Please edit your actions to ensure the field exists. If you continue to experience issues please regenerate the screen.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:80

I can't seem to find the issue.  Sometimes the error shows that it's in Action Sequence Order:81.

Here's a screen shot of the actions...I'm hoping this will help you diagnose my issue. http://screencast.com/t/QMgxJkRbuSJ

I looked at many of the actions (per the previous user's comments), but haven't found any issues there.  Unlike the previous user, I didn't remove opportunties.  I ADDED 2 fields - Action and Source, but I don't see any reference to either of them.  I did remove Priority....but I don't see that there. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

• 10-12-2015 7:07 PM In reply to

hi Deb,

looks like you are looking at the screen load actions.  I found my problem in the save button actions.  There is an action near the bottom called something like insert records into table.  If you click on edit for that action you will find a spot where it is trying to insert something into the priority field of the new follow up activity, however you deleted the drop down so it can't find it.  deleting that line (though for me it was the opportunity) is what worked for me. 

Good luck

Maureen

• 10-13-2015 9:19 AM In reply to

Hey,

Thanks for the response Maureen.

Deb - Please take a look at Maureen's reply and try that. Follow-up if you are still having the same errors.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 10-14-2015 1:26 PM In reply to

Thank you, Maureen and Mortaza for your responses.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve the issue.  I don't see any line that refers to adding to a table or field that I have altered and I don't really want to try changing something to see if it fixes this issue, only to break something else.  

Can I call support for further assistance?

Thanks - 

Deb

• 10-14-2015 2:10 PM In reply to

Hi Deb,

As it's a customized screen Support will not be able to assist.

If you would like you can email me over your company account, and the exact screen name and I can create a copy and look for the issue. I'll follow-up with what information and you can fix it on your live screen.

My email is in my signature.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)