Method Community

method not always saving notes for one particular user

Last post 10-15-2015 3:24 PM by Method_Morty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2015 10:43 AM

method not always saving notes for one particular user

Hello,

We are seeing a strange issue where one of our users cannot save notes sometimes. She enters notes into the notes filed and hits save and when she logs out and logs back in the notes are gone. It only happens sometimes and we can't tell yet but it may be for specific customers. When the other user saves notes for the customers that she cannot it works fine. What can we do?

• 10-15-2015 11:29 AM In reply to

Re: method not always saving notes for one particular user

Hi Scott,

Where are these notes being entered? custom field, or under 'More actions...' > Notes

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-15-2015 11:47 AM In reply to

Thank you Mortaza,

We enter notes into a custom filed that a Method representative helped me create back when we signed up for Method several years ago. The field is on the edit customer screen under additional info and is a simple text edit field. Once text has been edited in that field we simply hit save and the notes are then associated with that customer. It has worked without a hitch for us for years up until earlier this week. The strange thing is that it only is a problem for one of our users. I have had her replicate the event over and over and the notes will simpy not save for some customers. The other user on our account can save notes to all customers, even the ones that the first user cannot. I have updated her roles on the user screen and it is still happening. Due to the fact that I can repeat the exact same steps with a different user and get diffiernet results has me stumped:(

• 10-15-2015 3:24 PM In reply to

Hey Scott,

I agree that is very odd, especially since it is only happening to your one User, I'm pretty stumped myself at what that could be exactly.

What we can try is, I can create a copy of the screen and see if I can find anything that looks off. If I do find any issues I can follow up with that information and you can make the adjustments on your live screen.

If you would like to try this route email me over your company account, exact screen name and turn on MethodSupport (which will allow me to login into your Account). Also in that email note down the User that is running into this error, that may help.

My email address is in my signature.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)