Method Community

4 hours into trial with QBO and already lots of bugs

Last post 10-26-2015 12:40 PM by ccolotti. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2015 6:19 AM

4 hours into trial with QBO and already lots of bugs

For some reason finding bugs is a knack of mine, but I'd like someone to talk to that can help with these....some of them are just silly..

• QBO customer data is not always populated in both customer and contact fields with 1st and last name so the contact record is incomplete
    • View/Edit from Google Gadget starts NEW customer form and does not view the existing one as the button indicates
    • Cannot seem to modify user calendar work hours it's set for 8-5 and activities outside those hours do not show
    • Google calendar sync is wonky at best.  There is a KB but it refers to getting to settings that do not exist.  There is no "My Profile —> Google Calendar" per the KB
    • When adding a new activity from the customer screen you have to still search for the contact all over again instead of using the contact you were already viewing (Silly extra click)
    • "Customers" and "Contacts" are not well distinguished.  For a company that "loves small business" in most cases the customer and contact are one in the same.  In QBO there is no separate distinction
    I really want to use the product for the QBO/Google integration but if I found these annoyances in the first few hours....it's frustraing especially for someone that also works for a large saoftware company.
  • 10-26-2015 12:20 PM In reply to

Re: 4 hours into trial with QBO and already lots of bugs

Hey,

QBO customer data is not always populated in both customer and contact fields with 1st and last name so the contact record is incomplete

Can you give me an example for this one? I can give it a test on my QBO account.

View/Edit from Google Gadget starts NEW customer form and does not view the existing one as the button indicates

There is a ticket in for this issue and is currently being worked on by our development team. I'll send over another update when I receive one from the team on the matter.

Cannot seem to modify user calendar work hours it's set for 8-5 and activities outside those hours do not show

You can accomplish this by customizing the screen and adjusting the Day Start Time/End Time for the Calendar controller

*please refer to our Customization KB: LINK

Google calendar sync is wonky at best.  There is a KB but it refers to getting to settings that do not exist.  There is no "My Profile —> Google Calendar" per the KB

You maybe referencing our KB for Method:Classic. You can access the KB for the new version of Method by clicking on:

When adding a new activity from the customer screen you have to still search for the contact all over again instead of using the contact you were already viewing (Silly extra click)

I maybe following incorrectly but are you referring to adding Activities from here:

Clicking on that will switch you into the 'New Activity' screen in which Contact field does populate the Contact you were previously viewing. (is it not working in that behaviour on your end?)

"Customers" and "Contacts" are not well distinguished.  For a company that "loves small business" in most cases the customer and contact are one in the same.  In QBO there is no separate distinction

Point taken. From what I understand as a CRM it's best optimized to have them streamlined as Contacts. But as any other screen, you can definitely have it customized to make Customers v. Contacts a lot easier to distinguish. From GridViews to a different color scheme, endless opportunities that fits the workflow

A lot of great questions, and I hope I did my best to answer them. I definitely recommend - if you have not yet already - utilize the time with your Account Manager to have the platform demo'd from head-to-toe. Where you get together over a screen share and can have a back and forth Q&A. If this is something you do want to setup you can shoot me an email or PM and I can have that ball rolling for you.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-26-2015 12:40 PM In reply to

Re: 4 hours into trial with QBO and already lots of bugs

I dropped you an email...easier to paste the images :)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)