Method Community

Will a Customer Name show up in Method if there is no Company Name or First/Last Name in QB?

Last post 10-26-2015 1:07 PM by Method_Morty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2015 10:33 PM

Will a Customer Name show up in Method if there is no Company Name or First/Last Name in QB?

Dear Method,

We have someone building an integration between our QB instance and a web store site.  When this integration creates new customers in QB via the integration, it does not populate either the Company Name nor the First/Last Name fields in the QB Customer record.  Instead, it puts the customers First and Last names (with separating space) as the first line in the Bill-to address.  We can still then see that name in the QB customer list, but I am wondering if that will cause a problem when I sync these QB customers with Method.  Will I still be able to see a Customer Name in Method for QB customers who only have their name in the first line of the bill-to address?

Thanks.

Gregory Schalliol

• 10-26-2015 11:08 AM In reply to

Re: Will a Customer Name show up in Method if there is no Company Name or First/Last Name in QB?

Hey Gregory,

Can you please post a screenshot of an example customer who only has their Name added to the Bill-to address? I can try replicating the process and verify if it syncs over or I receive a conflict.

From what I understand the integration between your webstore and QB: it creates a new customer and inputs the 'FirstName LastName' into the first line of Bill-to address.

<BillAddress>
    <Addr1>John Smith</Addr1>
    </BillAddress>

Is that correct?

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 10-26-2015 11:49 AM In reply to

Re: Will a Customer Name show up in Method if there is no Company Name or First/Last Name in QB?

Mortaza,

I tried to reproduce this myself in our test QB instance, but it does not allow me to save a customer record without "Name".  Is this a constraint that can be turned off in QB?

As for screen shots, I cannot figure out how to attach a jpg file to a post in this Forums app.  Can you either tell me how to do it or give me an email address I can send the screenshots to as attachements?

Greg

• 10-26-2015 1:07 PM In reply to

Hi Gregory,

As far as I understand in QB it is a required field for the table, you cannot modify that. Thus why when syncing over Customers from QB to Method it requires that the Name field is not null. 

You can send the screenshots over to my email (in my signature).

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)