Method Community

Can I create a screen where 'inline' editing is allowed in a grid?

Last post 06-07-2010 6:33 PM by lthames. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2010 7:53 PM

Can I create a screen where 'inline' editing is allowed in a grid?

Hi!  I am creating a new screen from a table that only has 3 fields.  One of those fields will be edited OFTEN for each record.  I am trying to create the screen to have a grid that shows the 3 fields, and allows the user to edit the 'evolving' field within the grid.

Is this possible?

Thanks for you input!

• 06-06-2010 9:42 PM In reply to

Re: Can I create a screen where 'inline' editing is allowed in a grid?

I am trying to do a similar thing.  So far I've found that when you customize a screen, If you edit the grid (click "edit" at the top right corner of the grid's row (not the "edit" for the section) when you're looking at it on the "Customize" screen) in Step 5 you can set it to allow editing of the entries with an "edit" link, and in Step 6 you can tell it to add a new entries into blank lines inside a grid with a "New" link

-Mary Longacre
  • 06-07-2010 9:35 AM In reply to

Hey Everyone,

Mlongacre, is on the right track. Check out the webinar below for details on how to use grids.

http://www.methodintegration.com/resources/webinars/CommunityWebinar14IntroductiontoMethodObjectsLevel1.wmv

What you're asking for can be done. Copy a screen (such as the invoice screen) that currently allow you to do this and look how the grid settings are done, this will help you configure your own.

• 06-07-2010 6:33 PM In reply to

Thanks Ryan,  I will watch the webinar and check out the invoice screen settings.  I did find the settings referred to, but I still couldn't get it to work.  Hopefully the webinar will help!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)