Method Community

Customer table VS Contact table

Last post 01-08-2016 12:59 PM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2015 1:19 PM

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

Customer table VS Contact table

Hello, 

Could you help me to understand the difference in the Customer table and the Contact table? 

I am adding some fields in and I have placed them in my Customer table but when trying to filter searches on them I notices that the default customer search and display grid is actually pulling from my Contacts table. 

I am just a little unclear on the relationship of these two tables. I can be a little more specific if I need to be, but I think a general understanding of what the purpose of these two tables are will end up answering my more specific questions. 

Thanks

• 01-03-2016 10:57 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Re: Customer table VS Contact table

Hi Sixtel,

The Customer table is the table that links to QB.  It is really a subset of the Entity table, which is  the QB table that contains all of Customer, Vendor, Employee and Other Namess.   The Contacts table is a Method table. It includes all of the Entity table names (as fullnames) as well as the additional contacts associated with them.  

Method has some info on this in their "help" files. There may even be a video.  It can get confusing. 

One way to understand the relationships is to export your customer table and the contacts table. With your data is should be easier to see the relationships.

Hope that helps. 

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 01-04-2016 1:36 PM In reply to

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

So, if I want to add additional things that I am tracking about Cutomers, the place to do that would be the Customer table then yeah?

• 01-04-2016 2:41 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

For the most part... Yes...if tracking for a particular contact associated with customer then use contacts.

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 01-08-2016 12:59 PM In reply to

Hi Sixtel,

I suggest having a look at the Customer documentation in our Help Center. You can start with Solution No. 335 and work your way from there. There’s also video tutorials included at the bottom. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)