Method Community

Filtering Reports within date range

Last post 07-01-2010 1:49 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2010 10:13 PM

Filtering Reports within date range

I've created a report with filter within date range.  Here's the filter settings.

When I run the report I get the following error message.

The report runs fine without the filter.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong with the filter?

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 06-30-2010 4:20 PM In reply to

Re: Filtering Reports within date range

Answer

Hi LaCrews,

One thing you would want to verify is whether your Action Results are actually grabbing values. You can add a show message action to verify that the action results actually have values. If the message doesn't show anything then that could be the culprit.  Basically what this means is that you are specifying a blank start date or end date and that's throwing the error.

If the action results are showing values then that would require further investigation and you should contact your Method Consultant so they can look into your customization closer. It is difficult for me to try to replicate your scenario since there are many variables involved that I don't know of, so working with a Consultant would help get to the root of it. Hope this helps.

• 07-01-2010 11:07 AM In reply to

Hello LaCrews,

After looking over your screenshot again we noticed that the 'To Field Name' name is blank. To help you better understand why we need this field to be filled think of the following scenario.

You wanted to find all activities scheduled between July 1st and July 31st. There is an activity scheduled for you to travel to Detroit to meet with a customer with DueDateStart of June 30th, 9 pm and DueDateEnd of July 1st, 1am. You then learn that your flight will be delayed by a few hours which means that you'll be stuck there all day July 1st and need to cancel all appointments for that day. If you were just concerned with DueDateStart, this appointment wouldn't show up in your calendar for July 1st, but since you are looking at both DueDateEnd and DueDateStart you know that you wouldn't be able to make it back to the office for July 1st appointments and need to cancel them.

Hence for “within date range” we need 4 values:
    1. The “From Field”, which is the field that contains the starting date of scheduled jobs, usually DueDateStart.
    2. The “To Field”, which is the field that contains the ending date of scheduled jobs, usually DueDateEnd.
    3. The “Beginning Date” is the starting point for the date range, so in our example July 1st.
    4. The “Ending Date” is the ending point for the date range, so in our example, July 31st.

I would like you to fill 'To Field Name' with a field name (if you are not sure which field to use, you can try DueDateEnd) and let me know if you still see the message.

• 07-01-2010 1:36 PM In reply to

Hi Amanda

BINGO.  It works.  Thanks so much.

Mark

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 07-01-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

Hey Mark,

Great, I'm so happy that worked. Thanks for letting me know.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)