Method Community

Screen and Table Associations

Last post 07-01-2010 9:40 AM by jnoneiliv1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2010 11:06 AM

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Screen and Table Associations

How can an EXISTING Screen and Table association be viewed?  How can I see what Table a Screen is linked to? I can see which fields are available in the Screen Edit mode, but I cannot see which table these fields come from.

In most cases the association will be obvious, but for example, there are several tables for Items, all of which have the same fields, if I want to add new fields to a screen how do I know which Items table must be updated with fields to be visible in the Screen edit?

This might really be a question about the structure of the multitude of Items tables which would appear to be one table with a field called Item Type OR several Item Type tables and the association between screens and tables is otherwise obvious, so I will also post a question about these tables.

I looked at the Screen Quickstart and watched the Webinar and a comprehensive discussion of how fields from the primary Table association and the fields from linked or related tables are associated to Screens is not covered in any detail.

Regards,

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 07-01-2010 8:54 AM In reply to

Re: Screen and Table Associations

Answer

Hi James,

To check the base table a screen is created from can be viewed in the design mode. Customize > Screen and edit the screen in question, once the design mode is open you can right click on the screen and select the option to 'Show Summary' from the pop up. A new pop up screen comes up with information about that screen and you can see the 'Screen base table is' on the top left corner. Hope this helps.

• 07-01-2010 9:40 AM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Re: Screen and Table Associations

Perfect, thanks.  The Summary Screen is very handy.

Cheers,

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)