Method Community

Scheduling/Mapping Integration

Last post 03-02-2010 8:30 AM by Method_Valbon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2008 8:13 AM

Scheduling/Mapping Integration

Hi guys - Do you have an idea when the scheduling portion of the system may be available to test?

The more I play with the system the more impressed I am with its flexibility and usefullness.

Thank you and have a great day and thank you -

Jacob

• 08-22-2008 6:00 PM In reply to

Re: Scheduling/Mapping Integration

Right now we are concentrating on making sure that we tie up all the loose ends before we move onto the next projects (finishing up screen permissions, calendar recurring scheduling, compatibility with FireFox, etc.)  We'll be releasing our latest finishing touches next week - as we haven't done an update for a couple weeks now, and a lot has already changed.

In the first week of September we'll be back to adding more new features, and back to making more industry specific versions.  You'll get a full field services version to play with during September - and I expect that mapping will be part of that.

• 10-14-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

Is there a more accurate eta for this functionality.

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

• 10-15-2008 11:50 AM In reply to

Unfortunately at this time we don’t have an update as to the ETA for the Scheduling / Mapping Integration functionality – I believe you’re looking for the Field Services app, if I’m not mistaken.  The launch dates that we have for the Industry-specific Apps (view the schedule HERE) are target dates and may not reflect the actual date for which we launch the particular app.  We are doing everything in our power to try and get these apps posted on schedule so the Method Community can begin utilizing them ASAP. 

Also, it’s important to note that when the Industry-specific Apps are launched, they are intended to be templates that will fit 90% of a company’s needs within a particular industry, minimizing the customization needed.  However, it’s more than likely that most companies will still utilize Method’s powerful drag and drop customization tools to capture that remaining 10% that makes their company unique from others within the industry. 
  • 03-01-2010 7:02 AM In reply to

• Garry
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2009
    • Posts 7

In August 2008 we were advised that mapping was expected to be part of field services that was to be released in September of that year.

I signed up to method last July with an understanding that Google maps was expected to be integrated with schedulling for release in your Fall 2009. If Mappoint covered Australia I would use QXpress as the mapping module appears to do all that I want.

I have been waiting on the release of mapping before I introduce Method into my operations. We service a very large area and mapping (currently a wall map) is essential to efficiently identifying available time slots in an area for scheduling both sales reps and installers. After 7 months I am becoming increasingly concerned about outlaying money on a service that I am not using and seek advice on an expected release date for mapping.

• 03-02-2010 8:08 AM In reply to

Our team has been hard at work with a variety of new projects and features. The mapping feature is expected to be available sometime this spring.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-02-2010 8:30 AM In reply to

…with that being said, I just got some more info on this.

The Mapping feature is actually out of the backlogs and in the hands of development right now. The goal is to aim for a completion near the end of March. We’ll also do our best to keep updating this post on progress and let users know of any chance we may over-shoot that date.

Mapping aside, Method is fully functional and you can still use features like CRM and industry specific apps. If mapping was absolutely critical for your use of Method...contact your Business Systems Consultant to cancel your subscription and sign up again when mapping is available.

Hope that helps your decision.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)