Method Community

Two weird problem with Estimate and Sales Order

Last post 08-06-2010 2:26 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2010 5:16 PM

• ian
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-13-2010
    • Posts 48

Two weird problem with Estimate and Sales Order

I just finished Estimate and Sales Order customization, but I got two problems, first, I can not save currency in Estimate, everytime I select currency, then save, then i go to existing estimate, select the estimate I created, the currency choice was disappeared. Second, I enter campaign information in Customer information, but when I select the customer in Sales order , the campaign I select did not show up. I can not figure out what is the reaon, I would really apperciate that I can get solution for that, thanks for reply.

Ian

• 08-06-2010 10:03 AM In reply to

Re: Two weird problem with Estimate and Sales Order

Hey Ian,

It's nice to hear that you are doing some customization, we will be happy to give you some tips to get you going in the right direction.

When you turn on multi currency, QB creates a new Accounts Receivable for that currency.

ie: Accounts Receivable - CAD would be for the Canadian currency.

Make sure that you are selecting the correct AR Account, I noticed that I was getting conflicts in Method because I had the wrong AR Account selected. You can automate this by customizing the Estimate screen with some extra actions. A tip is to look on the Customer Dropdown list on the Estimate screen, you will see a lot of "Retrieve value from table" actions that are very similar to what your trying to do.

If this is not the problem that you are having, check to see if you have any conflicts under the QuickBooks tab.

For the campaign information, I think what you are looking for is as follows;

You setup a new customer and on the Customer List screen, while setting up the user information, you selected the campaign “Florida”. Then you go into the Sales Order(SO) screen and create a new SO for this client.

At this point I think you are expecting, that the SO is automatically linked to the campaign you assigned to this client on the Customer List screen.

Method currently does not do this, but with some small customization, you will be able to get this automated.

• 08-06-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

• ian
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-13-2010
    • Posts 48

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the answer, that was exactly what I want, I want all the information I entered in Customer LIst can automatically linked to Estimate and Sales Order, so what kind of customization I need to do to make it happen.

• 08-06-2010 2:26 PM In reply to

Hey Ian,

Well from what I understand, when you select a customer, you want to find the campaign assigned to the user (Retrieve value from table?) on the Customer List.

A good spot for this would be as soon as you select a customer. If you look at the Customer dropdown on either the Sales Order or Estimate screen. You will see some examples of Method retrieving values from other tables in Method.

If you need more help on this topic, please contact your business consultant and book some consulting time.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)