Method Community

Report Designer - Displaying Mulitple Child Rows per Master

Last post 01-07-2016 2:44 PM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2016 8:40 AM

• Rick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2015
    • Posts 37

Report Designer - Displaying Mulitple Child Rows per Master

Hi

I am building a report of all sales order and asociated line items to be sent to a fulfilment company to dispatch the orders.

My master table is SalesOrder and I have one detail table, SalesOrderLineItem.

I am using the SalesOrderLineItem fields which are listed under the SalesOrder table, however the report is only returning the first SalesOrderLine for each SalesOrder.

I have fields from both the master and detail table in the detail section of my report.

I'm sure the solution to this problem is simple but I cannot find how to return the multiple rows per sales order!  

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Rick

• 01-07-2016 9:07 AM In reply to

Re: Report Designer - Displaying Mulitple Child Rows per Master

Answer

Hi Rick,

Make sure that you are using the SalesOrderLine fields from the SalesOrderLine table that is nested within the SalesOrder table and not the stand-alone one.

SO Table  SO Line Table

If you require a point a reference, have a look at the way the stock sales order report is built, Sales Order (Custom). I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-07-2016 11:58 AM In reply to

• Rick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2015
    • Posts 37

Hi Audisho

I have been doing that - I didn't know if it was because I was putting fields from the SalesOrder and SalesOrderLineItem into the same detail section?  I have tried creating a report from scratch and it is still behaving the same way.

An example of the reference on my fields are:

SalesOrder.SalesOrderLine.SalesOrder.Item

This is correct isn't it?

Thanks
    Rick 

• 01-07-2016 2:44 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Rick,

I think you hit the nail on the head here.

Rick:

I didn't know if it was because I was putting fields from the SalesOrder and SalesOrderLineItem into the same detail section? 

Each time a Detail section is printed to the report, it can only print 1 record’s worth of information. What’s happening in your case is that it’s printing the sales order header information along with the first line item it finds for that record.

You need to instead insert a Detail Report bound to the SalesOrderLine table (Right Click > Insert Detail Report > “Sales Order Line”) and drag your SalesOrderLine fields into this report.

Insert Detail Report

The detail report will print once for each record related to the record displayed in the detail section. Give this a shot and let me know your result.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)