Method Community

Copying the Shipping Address

Last post 01-22-2016 10:54 AM by Method_Audisho. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2016 4:25 AM

• Rick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2015
    • Posts 37

Copying the Shipping Address

Hi

When preparing letters and small parcels for customers we use a label printer which we copy and paste the address into.  In Method, as the address is held in several fields this is not very convenient.

To workaround this I have created a report on the Customer table with the Shipping address concatenated into one field.  I have embedded this on my version of the CRM_EditCustomer screen as a text report, filtering CompanyName on the report with Screen Value - CompanyName.

I have a couple of issues:

1. The customer page is setup with 5 columns, the report is embedded at the bottom AddressInfo section in the middle section spanning the following two columns.  I have set on the report object a height of 60, however the report object has extended this section of the page the equivalent of a full page on the screen.  I have tried changing the page setup (different paper sizes) on the report and the height specified on the report object and neither has any impact on how much space this occupies.  How can I control this?

2. After first signing into method, for the first customer I load, the correct shipping address is correctly displayed.  However when I load a subsequent customer a default address is being displayed which doesn't relate to this customer.  On this second and subsequent customer the same incorrect address is always displayed.  Interestingly if I right click and reload the page, the page is populated with the very first customer I selected in that session.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with these issues.  Perhaps there is a better workaround!  I'm very new to method and whilst I've been getting to grips with most things fairly well there a couple of things I've not quite got my head around!

Thanks
    Rick 

• 01-19-2016 9:21 AM In reply to

Re: Copying the Shipping Address

Hi Rick,

It’s difficult for me to visualize the issue that you’re having here. Do you think you could include a screenshot for me? If you have any trouble attaching it to the post, feel free to send it to me in an email.

This is also a customization that I know our professional services team is familiar with. If you’d like to have us create this for you instead, just reach out to your account manager to book some time.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-22-2016 10:31 AM In reply to

Hi Rick,

I’m posting your email and screenshots below for context.

Rick:

Hi Audisho

Please see attached the images showing the problems we're having with the shipping address report we've setup.

The "correct" display of the address only happens for the first instance of a customer loaded after logging into the system.  For the second and subsequent customers the address is per the incorrect view.

I'm also having an issue with the report being long and thin and not padding across several cells.

Let me know if you need any more information and thank you in advance for you assistance.

address incorrect

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
  • 01-22-2016 10:54 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Rick,

Might I suggest a completely different approach to accomplish this at the screen level instead? You can use several Character Function actions in the OnScreenLoad event to build an action result containing the entire formatted address.

Address Character Functions

You can then enter this action result into a text field on screen using the Enter Value into Field on Screen action so that you can copy the complete address at once.

The end result would look something like this.

Address Result

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)