Method Community

Bug: Internal Notes on Multiple Conditional Statements

Last post 01-25-2016 9:21 AM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2016 9:56 PM

Bug: Internal Notes on Multiple Conditional Statements

Not a major bug, but a bug nonetheless.

In an action set, I am creating multiple conditional statements. I am putting internal notes into each statement.

When I edit a conditional statement in the series, it will sometimes replace its internal note with the internal note of an adjacent conditional statement.

I have only seen this happen with the actual conditional statement notes, it does not appear to affect the notes of any other types od actions anywhere in the action sets.

• 01-22-2016 2:23 PM In reply to

Re: Bug: Internal Notes on Multiple Conditional Statements

Hi GroGreen,

I can't seem to replicate this issue. Are you dealing with several sequential conditional statements or are these nested within each other? 

Are you sure that you're not simply selecting the wrong action to add notes to? This would be a very easy mistake to make when dealing with several conditional statements in a row.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-22-2016 2:28 PM In reply to

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

I have the same thing various times. Often happens when you rearrange actions or copy and paste and action into a conditional statement

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 01-22-2016 2:37 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

The first 5-6 times it happened I assumed it was a mistake, but after that I started double checking. I'm not that confused. :)

This was with several sequential conditional statements. It doesn't happen all the time, it must be under certain conditions. The button that I experienced this with has 9 sequential conditional statements in a row. Maybe the large number of statements throws something off?

• 01-25-2016 9:21 AM In reply to

Hi GroGreen & Mahlon,

Thank you for the additional details. While I wasn't able to replicate the conditional statement comments getting mixed up, I did have a couple of the conditional statement comments clear out completely on me. As such, I've created a ticket for our development team to investigate both issues. I'll post back once this has been resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)