Method Community

Can you please explain the Customer/Lead/Entity relationship?

Last post 01-22-2016 11:51 AM by GroGreen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2016 10:17 AM

Can you please explain the Customer/Lead/Entity relationship?

For customization purposes, can you please explain the Customer/Lead/Entity relationship a little?

I would like to add some additional fields to a customer profile that are gathered early in the CRM process, for example 'Property Size'. I want to make sure these fields are to be put in the proper table so that they can be used throughout the entire sales process.

I know that a customer starts out as a lead, then when an estimate or invoice is created, gets converted into a customer. The fields I create need to stay with the customer while they are both a lead and an active customer.

Thank you!

• 01-22-2016 11:43 AM In reply to

Re: Can you please explain the Customer/Lead/Entity relationship?

Answer

Hi GroGreen,

Customers, Leads, Vendors, Employees & OtherNames are all stored in the Entity table and are therefore, all entities. You’ll also notice tables for Customer, Vendor, Employee & OtherName in the list of tables on your account. These are simply views of the Entity table. These views are designed to show only their respective Entity Types.

Leads are simply customer records. The only difference between a lead and a customer is the IsLeadStatusOnly field. Leads have a value of Yes and customers have a value of No. This field determines whether or not the record should be synced with QuickBooks.

In your case, adding the fields to the Customer view will suffice since both customers and leads can be found in this view. The fields will be available whether the record is a lead or a customer. I hope this helps.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 01-22-2016 11:51 AM In reply to

Re: Can you please explain the Customer/Lead/Entity relationship?

Awesome! Thanks!

That helps a lot! It would be great if in the future you could do some videos about how the database is set up, to explain things such as this in more detail. It would help greatly with customization and ensure that customizations are made properly.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)