Method Community

Database Diagram

Last post 02-03-2016 10:15 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2016 6:44 PM

• Sixtel
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-18-2015
    • charleston
    • Posts 27

Database Diagram

Hi!

I understand that there are probably reasons why this is not made available, but, it would be GREATLY beneficial to me if there was a stock database diagram I could look at that detailed the Method database. 

While customizing I notice that I spend half of my time wading through tables and exporting data to try to figure out how things are related. As an example, I spent like 45 minutes trying to figure out how to get a go to.. button on a grid based on the customer table to work because I didn't get that the EntityRecord from the contacts table was just the RecordID of the customer table (which is where I was trying to copy my action from). Granted, I'm not really the quickest with all of this so someone more expierenced probably would have gotten that a lot sooner than I did.

I just thought I would ask.

• 01-30-2016 10:45 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Re: Database Diagram

Hi Sixtel,

Understand your points and pain. Names is prob. the most difficult part and most important part to get. It really helps to understand how QB uses and then its easier to translate to Method. It is an art at times.  As partners, we all have struggled a bit with this area, so don't feel bad. But I know, it would be helpful to have a 'ref card' of sorts.

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 02-03-2016 10:15 AM In reply to

Re: Database Diagram

Hello Sixtel,

Thanks for your valueable feedback. I will pass this to our team to consider this in their future projects. Once again, we appreciate your input.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)