Method Community

Estimate Not calculating Sales Tax Percent

Last post 02-11-2016 2:45 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2016 6:16 PM

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

Estimate Not calculating Sales Tax Percent

have several questions.

1. After a Sales tax rate is selected or otherwise autopopulated, how, or where is the Sales Tax Amount calculated?

2. Under the Save button is an action to retreive the Sales Tax Amount value from the table. If the Method Estimate is not set to sync with QuickBooks how does that value get in the table?

3. Why isn't the Sales Tax Percent calculated or otherwise entered? I have an estimate that shows zero for the Sales Tax Percent even though there is a percent associated with the Sales Tax Item.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
  • 02-11-2016 2:45 PM In reply to

Re: Estimate Not calculating Sales Tax Percent

Hello l.brandow,

Basically, you set up your sales tax in your QB file and when you sync your file with Method account it save those fields and amount in respective tables. If it is not set to sync with QB in method, It will still retrieves the value from the ItemSalestax table(as this table stores the value on item level when you connect you method account with QB). Also, method automatically mimics the way QB calculates in the backend. After a sync, the QB calculations overwrite the Method values to ensure there are no conflicts.

I am assuming you are talking about tax not showing up on the report when it is waiting for sync approval. I have a question for you, Is it a QB online account? Let me know, because we are aware of the issue with QB online account where it does not apply the tax on print preview as it waits for the sync to finish and then assign value on Print preview.

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)