Method Community

New Contact Name Changed

Last post 02-12-2016 12:46 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2016 11:20 AM

• Rick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2015
    • Posts 37

New Contact Name Changed

Hi

I have added a new customer to my system called DP Leisure GB Ltd

I added them with the Customer Name, Company Name and Contact fields all set to DP Leisure GB Ltd.

However, I noted that the Contact field had been changed to DP Leisu GB Ltd

Thinking it was my clumsy thumbs, I deleted and re-added but again the Contact was changed to DP Leisu GB Ltd

Does anyone understand what is happening here?  It's been a week since this happened and I am questioning my own sanity but I'm pretty sure I didn't make a mistake twice!

Thanks
    Rick 

• 02-12-2016 11:37 AM In reply to

Re: New Contact Name Changed

Hello Rick,

It looks like you are trying to add Leisure in the MiddleName fields and it only supports 5 characters. So, if you go over 5 characters it truncates the rest. My suggestion here would be to use FirstName and LastName field as they allow upto 25 characters each.

I hope that helps!

-Inder

• 02-12-2016 12:23 PM In reply to

• Rick
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2015
    • Posts 37

Hi Inder

I've not populated any of the name fields on the Customer (Customer not contact!), just Customer Name, Company Name and Contact as stated.  Is this a case of Method interpretting the data I've entered. The name (forename/middlename/surname) fields are empty in both Method and QB.

Cheers
    Rick 

• 02-12-2016 12:46 PM In reply to

Answer

Hello Rick,

It's hard to say over the forums that what might me wrong and why it is behaving like this. I am going to create a support case for you and one of our team member will be in touch with you shortly.

For your reference the case# 18740

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)