Method Community

Method failing during SQL synch

Last post 03-15-2016 1:23 PM by Method_Jonathan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-29-2016 7:40 PM

Method failing during SQL synch

Every night we synch Method with a SQL server which we heavily rely on for our daily operations. A few days ago (the morning of the 23rd), our synch started failing while trying to retrieve data from Method. We are getting the error message,

Failed: Error message posted from Method Server "There was an exception running the extensions specified in the config file. ---> Maximum request length exceeded."

I am about to run into some significant problems due to this. Could you please help?

Thanks!

• 03-13-2016 6:25 PM In reply to

Re: Method failing during SQL synch

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. This was probably best posted on the API forums so I moved it there. 

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 03-15-2016 11:03 AM In reply to

Hi

Let me see if I can help.  In order to begin - just to verify, you are recieving these errors while requesting data from the Method API?  If so, are you still experiencing these errors today? 

Cheers

Jon

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
  • 03-15-2016 12:27 PM In reply to

Hi Jon,

Yes, it's while requesting data from Method. It appears there is some new limit on how many fields I can retrieve for this table (one out of six tables -- I'm not sure why this is the only one with this problem). Yesterday I was able to finally synch Method with our server by creating a duplicate table and dividing the fields up between the two. This seems to be a functioning work-around, since the automatic synch also finally went through last night.

Thank you, I appreciate the response.

Best,
    Simone

• 03-15-2016 1:23 PM In reply to

Simone,

Glad to hear you are back up and running.  That seems odd about the limit on how many fields you can retrieve - as there shouldn't be.  If it continues to be a problem, please post back up here with further details - including the API call and parameters you are using to retrieve the data.  This will help us try to replicate the issue on our side and pinpoint any problems in the API.

Cheers

Jon

Jonathan Gamble
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: j.gamble@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)