Method Community

CRM Portal error

Last post 08-18-2010 4:58 PM by SGilljp. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2010 11:48 AM

CRM Portal error

To try out the customer portal, I added a test customer to QuickBooks, and added the portal to my website.  I registerd the customer and received a user name & password. When I signed in to the portal and tried to change my contact information, I received the following error:

"ERROR^Action Sequence 14: Error with user authentication; Server says 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first." 

The contact info changes I made via my website do not show up in Method of course, but if I lig out of the portal and log back in again, the changes show up in the portal.

What's happening here?

• 08-18-2010 4:05 PM In reply to

Re: CRM Portal error

Hello,

I tried testing this out, by logging onto the default CRM Customer Portal as a Customer and then updating the 'Phone' field under 'My Profile'. The phone number for the Customer was updated in QuickBooks and Method in real time, no problem.

Have you set up the Default Email Preferences under Customize > My Account? You can try setting that up and see if the error goes away. An email is sent when the profile information is updated, so I'm thinking this could be the reason for the error.

Please let me know if you tried to update something else, did you customize a new portal on your own?

Keep me posted.

• 08-18-2010 4:58 PM In reply to

Re: CRM Portal error

OK.  Reconfiguring my email worked.  Apparently Method doesn't like my Windows Live/Hotmail email account, so I switched to another (Gmail) account and everything worked.  Thanks for your help, Amanda!Big Smile 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)