Method Community

Any way to change the time display on the "synch" display to match my time zone?

Last post 02-14-2012 3:06 PM by l.brandow. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2010 1:39 AM

• DianeG
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2010
    • Posts 7

Any way to change the time display on the "synch" display to match my time zone?

It would be nice to see times displayed on that page in my own time zone,...

Thanks!

• 08-31-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

Re: Any way to change the time display on the "synch" display to match my time zone?

Hi Diane,

When you say time display on the "synch" display, do you mean the "Method Integration Engine for Use with QuickBooks" window, that comes up by right clicking on the little m, in the system tray and selecting 'Display'? I just tried changing my time zone to Central and the time reflected in the engine showed Central time. Keep in mind, I closed out of QuickBooks, made the changes to 'Date and Time' under Control Panel, reopened QuickBooks and then I opened the Engine by following the steps above. Please let me know if you're referring to another window / place in Method.

• 08-31-2010 9:05 PM In reply to

• DianeG
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2010
    • Posts 7

Re: Any way to change the time display on the "synch" display to match my time zone?

Hi Amanda,

I was looking for how to change the time displayed in the tab: QuickBooks, tab link: Synchronize.

• 09-01-2010 12:31 PM In reply to

Hi Diane,

I'll check if this is possible and let you know.

• 09-25-2010 9:58 AM In reply to

Diane -

Just wanted to let you know that this has been resolved along with a number of other fixes and new features with the latest big update.  See other highlights of the update here:

http://bit.ly/d4HBZT

In terms of what the problem was - the times were being displayed in "UTC" time, which is pretty much greenwich mean time, since the values are stored in the server as UTC.  They weren't being converted to your local time.

Paul

• 02-14-2012 3:06 PM In reply to

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

Is Greenwich in the UK? 

I'd like to put in a vote to have the Audit trail time zone changed to something less foriegn as well, pleeeeeeease.

Thanks,

Lance

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)