Method Community

quickly add to email message body

Last post 09-01-2010 12:28 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2010 12:30 PM

quickly add to email message body

I have email setup for certain things like a change was made to the database to notify other users.  What I need is a quick, EASY, way to allow the person who is making the change to type a quick sentence into the body of the email to let the others know what they changed.

What would be perfect is if they clicked the "email changes" button that a text box or message box pops up and allows them to enter a few words that then becomes the body of the email.  I don't want them to have to choose who to send it to or change the subject line or anything else.  Just be able to add to the body.

Needs to be simple: click button; write in box; close box.  then email is generated and all goes on behind the scenes.

thanks,

Wavetec

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 09-01-2010 11:54 AM In reply to

Re: quickly add to email message body

Answer

Hello,

Let me know if the following scenario helps you achieve your goal. On a screen add the 'Email Changes' button you mentioned. When someone clicks that button, a pop up window comes up. On the pop up screen you'll have a text box with a label 'Type body of email here and a 'Save and Close' button. On the 'Save and Close' button you'll set the 'Send Email' action. Of course everything will be predefined in the 'Send Email' action and for body of email you can set that to value from screen - the text box that they type into above. An added bonus of doing it this way, is that you can easily reuse this pop up window anywhere else and it would do the trick. Let me know if this works, I have a hunch it will. ;)

• 09-01-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

Re: quickly add to email message body

Hi there,

Another option, is to have a “Note” text box on the actual screen with the 'Email Changes' button on the same screen.  The user could just enter the 'Note' (body of email) and then click 'Email Changes'. If you like, you can make the Notes field hidden, and perhaps have a button on screen 'Add body to email' which would show the field and on the button use the show/hide action.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)