Method Community

Calendar Options

Last post 06-04-2011 9:21 AM by mkbockhold. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2011 8:53 PM

Calendar Options

I'm using the Outlook plugin in Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 and after watching the webinar I noticed that there are options for syncing the Calendar that don't appear on my computer.  When I click "setup" in Outlook there are only two tabs, Method Account Settings and Defaults.  I'm using the most recent version of the plugin, am I missing something here?

• 05-26-2011 11:01 AM In reply to

Re: Calendar Options

Hi soakley75,

What is the version that is listed in the bottom left when you click Setup.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 05-26-2011 11:33 AM In reply to

There isn't anything listed, but maybe these will help:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 05-26-2011 11:44 AM In reply to

Hi soakley75,

The reason why you don't see all of the options is because your version of Outlook Plug-In is outdated and should be used only for Outlook versions 2003 or older. New version can be downloaded from http://www.methodintegration.com/MethodOutlookAddIn/MethodOutlookAddIn.exe

Thank you

Victor

• 05-27-2011 12:34 PM In reply to

Thanks, I've downloaded and installed the current version and nothing shows up in Outlook.  It's not in the disabled items either.  Do you you need to change the default installation folder for it to work?  I've uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed a few times with no luck.

• 05-27-2011 2:44 PM In reply to

Hi soakley75,

Do you see the Method Outlook plug-in as installed in the Control Panels => Programs and Features? Did you unistall previous version of the plug-in before installing a new version? Do you have any security settings that may suppress proper installation of Outlook plug-in? 

Thank you

Victor

• 05-28-2011 4:34 PM In reply to

I'm in the same boat.  I do have the Method Outlook plugin displaying in my Control Panel under Add Remove programs and it says that I have version 2.1.37 installed.  I have email functionality but no calendar features.  My setup screen looks the same as soakley75.

• 05-28-2011 7:30 PM In reply to

I see it in Programs and Features.  I can't think of or find any security settings that might be a problem.  The add-in shows up in the Trust Center in Outlook under inactive add-ins and even when I go to manage add-ins and tick the box nothing happens.

• 05-29-2011 9:35 AM In reply to

Hi Soakley75,

In order for us to understand what exactly is wrong in your case, can you please do the following:

1. Right Click "My Computer" icon and click Properties.

2. Click Advanced System Settings

3. On Advanced Tab click Environment Variables

4. In System Variables click New and add following:

Variable Name: VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS

Variable Value: 0

5. In Outlook, try to re-enable the Method Outlook Plug-in from the window you attached in your screenshot.

6. You will get a more detailed error message. Please copy-paste the error message to this forum and we will investigate it.

Thank you and sorry for all of this trouble

Victor

• 06-03-2011 3:59 PM In reply to

So I tried installing the plugin on another PC and I noticed while it was installing it also installed "Visual Studio 2010 for the Outlook tool"  which didn't happen on my laptop (which is where I'm having this issue).  I downloaded and installed Visual Studio from the Microsoft website and it seems to have a least partially solved the problem. 

Scott

• 06-03-2011 4:03 PM In reply to

Hi Scott,

Can you tell me what exactly did the installation of "Visual Studio 2010 for the Outlook tool" solve?

Thank you

Victor

• 06-03-2011 4:46 PM In reply to

I re-installed the Method plug-in and it now shows in Outlook as it's supposed to.

Scott

• 06-04-2011 9:10 AM In reply to

I have also uninstalled and re-installed and all seems well.  Thanks for the help.

• 06-04-2011 9:21 AM In reply to

Well, scratch that last post.  It was working fine.  I just opened again, received a message that an add in was not found and now I'm back to the old add in without the calendar functionality. 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)