Method Community

QB Conflict

Last post 03-27-2009 12:33 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2009 9:15 AM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

QB Conflict

I am receiving the following:

"QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accPurchaseOrder record. The error was: There was an error adding, modifying or deleting FFAF-1238106148 because it is already in use. QuickBooks error message: The transaction could not be locked. It is in use by another user..."

I received this error after manually changing the PO Number (RefNumber) on the Purchase Order Tab.  Method sync'ed with QB and generated a po number 1012.  Then I added  "-2091" at the end: PO Number 1012-2091.

Also, I do not have this file open in QB.

• 03-27-2009 11:18 AM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-10-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Re: QB Conflict

Ok.  After some thought, I check my customizaton and I believe that the error was caused by it.  I'm still havng problems, but I need to check some things out before posting.

• 03-27-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

Re: QB Conflict

Well also it seems like the original error message you were getting may have been caused by you trying to alter an number that is assigned by QuickBooks.  The PO number is a number generated by QuickBooks and cannot be altered or QuickBooks won't be able to recognize it.  What you might want to consider is taking that value from QuickBooks and putting a Character Function action on it to add those additional digits.  Might need a new field to do that.  Again, this is all conjecture as I didn't have enough from you orginally to fully diagnose.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)