Method Community

Copying Reports

Last post 04-01-2009 9:21 AM by jallen. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2009 1:52 AM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Copying Reports

Saved SampleEstimate as another report and made mofications, created my button to pull up my copied report.. works great!  Pulled up SampleEstimatte again, everything works. Perform a save as (did the exact same thing) without modification and the detail report does not show (the total shows) all other information shows, but no description, rate, quanity, or amount.

• 03-31-2009 9:47 AM In reply to

Re: Copying Reports

That's odd.  There is a known issue with the Report Designer that is administrated by a third-party.  They are looking into it now.  Try the work-around here and let me know if this helps you.  Please see Valbon Shabani's post with the work-around and let me know what happens.  Click here to view: http://methodintegration.com/cs/forums/p/147/368.aspx#368

• 03-31-2009 2:58 PM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Negitive!

I tried making the modification outlined by Val, and I've have even gone as far as creating a new report without success in making the detail report work. 

• 04-01-2009 8:10 AM In reply to

At this point, we'll need to address what's changed since you created the original report and copying it.  Especially because you were able to create the original report and it still functions properly, but now you are unable to create a new one. 

I'll need for you to retrace your steps for me, detailing the entire process so that I can try to build the same report on my end to see if and where the issue is. 

Thanks!

• 04-01-2009 9:21 AM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Well... The original report was and still is the sample estimate report.  I changed the logo and added some labeled text.  From that I created (copied/saved as) a new report (Proposal-Sprinkler).  Made additional changes to the text and it still works fine.

I then tried to create (save as) the Proposal-Sprinkler report to Proposal-FireAlarm.  When doing that, everything on the report works with the exception of the detailed report.  I then returned to SampleEstimates report and tried to create a new report off that, without success (does the same thing).

Also, there were no changes made to the new report after I save as from the original.  Same table, same data, just different text.

Now, when I create a new report, I select the table (Estimates), name it, then select the detail table (estimates.line).  There is no information under the dataset1 and I cannot create a report without data...   I've tried the same procedure, with diffrent tables, including not selecting a detail table with the same result.

I would be more than happy to do a goto meeting and let you see what is happening.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)