Method Community

Percentage in report

Last post 04-01-2009 1:20 PM by jallen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2009 6:29 PM

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

Percentage in report

I am working with the FS: job sumary report and would like to add a percentage of profit next to the total profit field.  Will you share with me the procedure?

• 04-01-2009 12:31 PM In reply to

Re: Percentage in report

As with any software development consultant, the role of Business Systems Consultants here at Method are to advise users of the best design practices as it pertains to a user’s specs.  If you can provide me with the specs of what you’re ultimately trying to do and how you wish to get there, I can offer you some general guidance on the best approach to implement it in Method (i.e. I want to take the value of X field and divide it by Y field and enter the resulting value into Z field).  It may also be a good idea to check around the site to see if we’re not already doing this somewhere else and then you can just follow our lead as often times similar action sets already exist.

• 04-01-2009 1:15 PM In reply to

One other thing you might try is adding a Calculated field to your report.  You can right-click on the fields on the right hand side of the report designer and add a “Calculated Field” that can be dragged onto the designer.

• 04-01-2009 1:20 PM In reply to

• jallen
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-09-2009
    • Atlanta, GA
    • Posts 49

That is what I was looking for...

Thanks,

John

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)